Last updated on
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These simple Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats require only 10 minutes of prep! Refrigerate them overnight and enjoy a tasty breakfast or snack the next morning.
Oats are a wholesome way to start your day. Because they sit overnight, they are ready to eat in the morning, no cooking or baking required! If you like overnight breakfast recipes, you can also try our Overnight Baked French Toast.
Overnight Oats Recipe
Ashley here from Spoonful of Flavor to bring you this easy overnight oats recipe. We combined our love for oatmeal with our love for apples and cinnamon to create this tasty breakfast recipe that is good for you too! These oats are made with only a few ingredients to create a nutritious breakfast or snack.
Overnight Oats can be served warm or cold, and can be made several days in advance. Prep almost a whole work-week’s worth of breakfast in just a few minutes!
How to make apple cinnamon overnight oats
- First, add all of your overnight oats ingredients to a jar or resealable container. This includes milk, oats, yogurt, chia seeds, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir well to combine and add more oats or milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Next, chop some apples. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the apples. Add the cinnamon apples to the top of the oats.
- Cover the container and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, add some chopped pecans.
We highly recommend making these oats with apples and cinnamon, but feel free to use any seasonal fruit. These oats taste great with blueberries, strawberries, bananas and more.
Enjoy them hot or cold!
You can eat the oats cold right out of the refrigerator or serve them warm. To heat them up, microwave in a microwave-safe container without a lid for one minute or until heated through.
Overnight oats stored in an airtight container last up to 4 days in the refrigerator. They soften more the longer they sit, so if you like creamy oatmeal, then a few days in the refrigerator is perfect. Do not freeze.
You do not have to store overnight oats in a jar, although we recommend a glass jar to ensure the best texture and flavor. You can use any type of airtight container.
More breakfast ideas:
- Pumpkin Pie & Apple Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Apple Bread
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole
- Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Burritos
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy or non dairy), plus more as desired
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans (optional)
- In a jar or resealable container, combine ¼ cup milk, oats, yogurt, chia seeds, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir well to combine, adding more milk or oats until desired consistency is reached.
- Top with chopped apples and an additional sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or up to 3 to 4 days. Enjoy chilled topped with pecans, or microwave without the lid for a warm breakfast treat.
- You can omit the Chia seeds, if desired.