Deliciously moist and flavorful, this Strawberry Pound Cake is a one bowl treat that has a fruity and sweet glaze and satisfies that sweet tooth! It’s a great spring and summer dessert!
Strawberry Pound Cake Recipe
Spring has finally sprung here in Minnesota. I think the threat of any more snow storms are long gone (knock on wood). Green grass is peeking though and the weather is finally in the 60’s.
You guys don’t even know how much I love the warm weather. I should really move somewhere where it’s warm year round, but Minnesota, despite the frigid cold is just home to me.
So when Spring finally arrives I bake a ton with fruit. Strawberries make an appearance quite a bit in this house. I don’t know if this is a good thing or if my kids get sick and tired of it, but one thing I do know is that they went crazy for this Strawberry Pound Cake!
What’s better than having a quick and easy pound cake that whips up in minutes and in one bowl? I know the faster a recipe for me is key because hey, four kids take a lot of work and they are always hungry.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE
- What sets this cake apart is that it is loaded with delicious Greek yogurt. You guys, the yogurt really makes a huge difference in this Strawberry Pound Cake! It’s super moist and boy when it comes to cakes like this, that really is what matters!
- I also added a little almond extract flavoring (aff) in the batter because I absolutely love almond and strawberries together. You can very well switch it out with Vanilla, or even lemon if you so choose but almond is one of my favorite flavors so I went with that!
- The little pops of color from the strawberries are super fun and give it a nice color contrast, not to mention a delicious flavor burst in your mouth. There are not only strawberries in the batter, but in the glaze as well! I put a handful of strawberries in a ziploc bag and literally smash them up! This breaks them up into small bits and lets out all the yummy juices. Add some powdered sugar and you’ve got a delicious glaze for your strawberry pound cake!
- The glaze really sets it all into motion. I literally glaze almost all my breads or cakes, it’s just something I do. It makes them colorful and it gives them that ultimate burst of flavor for sure.
So if you’re in the mood for baking this spring I’m telling you that this Strawberry Pound Cake is the way to go! Quick, easy, flavorful and everyone will be wanting seconds.
For more delicious Strawberry Recipes, check out these tasty treats:
- Strawberry Lemon Donuts
- Strawberry Lime Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry
- Strawberry French Toast Bake
- Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Balsamic Strawberry Pasta Salad
Strawberry Pound CakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced strawberries about 1 1/4 cup whole
- 1/2 cup smashed strawberries about 1 cup whole
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 or 9-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In medium-sized bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate, large mixing bowl mix Greek yogurt, sugar, eggs, extract and oil. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Fold in the strawberries and spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes, then turn out onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the bread is cooling, make the glaze.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine smashed strawberries and powdered sugar.
- Once cake is cooled pour the glaze over top, let set, cut and serve.