This Classic Macaroni Salad is a hit at parties, BBQs and with adults and kids alike. It comes together easily and is the perfect side dish for summer parties, making it perfect for Memorial Day or 4th of July!
See the peas in that macaroni salad? This is seriously the only thing I like peas in. And I hate peas. But there’s something about the combination of flavors and textures that makes them fit in perfectly.
This is a favorite family recipe that my mom has been making since her home ec class in high school. It’s loved by everyone – so much so that my cousin listed it specifically in our family reunion book as his favorite food.
It’s that good.
Crunchy celery and peas, tangy pickle relish and mustard, and tender hard boiled eggs and macaroni come together with the perfect amount of seasoning and just enough mayo to keep it from drying out.
Print out this recipe and make this classic macaroni salad for your next BBQ or summer party. You can thank me later.
- 2 cups premium brand elbow macaroni (1/2 box)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbl chopped onion
- 4 Tbl sweet pickle relish
- 4 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cook macaroni following directions on the package. Drain and rinse in colander and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine celery, onion, relish, eggs, salt and peas.
- Mix in cooked macaroni.
- Add in mustard and enough mayonnaise to moisten and blend thoroughly.
For more delicious potluck friendly sides, be sure to check these out:
For all side dish recipes on the site, go here.
For a complete list of recipes on the site, go here.