I think we’ve established by now that I love Peeps.
Here’s what you need to make the popcorn:
1. Cook your popcorn. (I actually prefer to make stovetop popcorn – tastes so much better!). Remove any unpopped kernels. If you prefer the microwave kind, be sure to get the crispy white or tender white, NOT the buttered flavors, which just get soggy.
3. Add the Peeps and turn heat to medium, stirring until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is nice and smooth. Keep stirring while they are melting, or the sugar will scorch. (I have to tell you, if you love Peeps, this part might make you a little sad. It’s kind of like watching the witch in the wizard of Oz – “I’m melllttting!”)
4. Pour the melted mixtures over your popcorn and gently stir with a silicone spoon.
5. Dump the sticky popcorn out on waxed paper to cool. Be careful – the marshmallow gets very hot and can result in burned fingers! Not that I would know anything about that.
6. At this point you can spread the popcorn out to cool and then break into chunks, or form popcorn balls.
Break up into small chunks and mix up the colors for an adorable spring or Easter party snack!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. If you actually have any leftover.
*The Peeps were provided from the Just Born company with the hopes that I would make something awesome and share it with you. And I just did! All content and opinions are 100% mine.