I love pumpkin and chocolate together, and these Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are the perfect combination. They are thick and chewy and sweet and I love that they are low in fat.
A couple of months ago I bought several cans of pumpkin (hello, pumpkin in June? #foodbloggerproblems). And they weren’t even on sale! But I knew I had plans for these big beautiful cans, and this recipe is plan #1.
This recipe is my take on a recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip bars that I’ve had for a while. I swapped out the fat (melted butter) for canned pumpkin. I love that they taste super chocolately and decadent but they are so much better for you than you’d think!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13"x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer or a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda and baking powder on low speed until combined.
- Stir in oats until combined.
- Stir in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips until combined.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
For more tasty pumpkin recipes, try these: