Sweet mini peppers are stuffed with a ground beef, tomato and rice mixture for an adorable “mini” version of traditional stuffed peppers. Perfect for a unique appetizer or as a delicious meal.
I have always thought that I wouldn’t like stuffed peppers. Not sure why, because once I tried them I realized that they are crazy delicious. I wanted to try this mini pepper version because I like the sweet peppers and let’s face it they’re just so cute.
My daughter, the picky princess, actually ate five of them, peppers and all!
Stuffed Peppers couldn’t be easier to make. Combine browned ground beef and onion mixture with some cooked rice and canned tomatoes – I use half spicy and half plain tomatoes, but you can use whatever mix you like. They are cooked until the peppers are soft, then covered with some shredded Sharp Cheddar and heated just until the cheese melts. See? Super simple!
I had some homemade Ranch on hand that I spooned over some of the peppers and it was pretty tasty. Of course they are amazing on their own, too.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic close, minced
- 1, 14 ounce can diced tomatoes (with or without spice)
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 12 mini peppers
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half top to bottom and remove the seeds and ribs. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat with a little olive oil. Add onions and saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Crumble in ground beef and garlic and cook until beef is no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain grease. Add salt and pepper to taste, about a teaspoon of each.
- Stir rice and tomatoes into ground beef mixture.
- Using a small cookie scoop, fill each pepper with about 1 tablespoons of the meat mixture. Line the stuffed peppers in a 9"x13" pan. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and top with shredded cheddar. Bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Trisha Yearwood.
For more quick and easy dinner ideas, try these: