Chocolate and Peppermint is my all time favorite flavor combination so it’s no surprise that these cookies are a holiday staple in our house. These Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are super easy and quick to make with just 5 ingredients!
Last Christmas I discovered these delicious little peppermint bits at my grocery store. They are super tasty and were perfect for my Peppermint S’Mores Brownies. This year I knew I wanted to use them again so I decided to add them into my favorite chocolate cake mix cookies.
Cake Mix cookies are the easiest kind of cookies to make, they are soft and chewy and only require a few ingredients – a box cake mix, 2 eggs and a stick of butter. That’s it! Of course the chocolate chips and peppermint bits make a world of difference, but even without those additions these cookies taste seriously amazing.
- 1 box Devil's Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup 1 stick room temperature butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup peppermint bits divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together cake mix, butter and eggs until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 peppermint bits.
- Using a cookie scoop, divide dough onto baking sheets. Top with remaining chocolate chips and peppermint bits, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 13-15 minutes or until cookies are puffy and no longer glossy.
- Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to cooling racks.
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container for up to one week.
For more delicious Christmas cookie recipes, try these:
For all things Christmas go HERE.
For all desserts go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.