Chocolate and Peppermint is my all time favorite flavor combination so it’s no surprise that these cookies are a holiday staple in our house. These Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are super easy and quick to make with just 5 ingredients!
Last Christmas I discovered these delicious little peppermint bits at my grocery store. They are super tasty and were perfect for my Peppermint S’Mores Brownies. This year I knew I wanted to use them again so I decided to add them into my favorite chocolate cake mix cookies.
Cake Mix cookies are the easiest kind of cookies to make, they are soft and chewy and only require a few ingredients – a box cake mix, 2 eggs and a stick of butter. That’s it! Of course the chocolate chips and peppermint bits make a world of difference, but even without those additions these cookies taste seriously amazing.
- 1 box Devil's Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup 1 stick room temperature butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup peppermint bits divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together cake mix, butter and eggs until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 peppermint bits.
- Using a cookie scoop, divide dough onto baking sheets. Top with remaining chocolate chips and peppermint bits, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 13-15 minutes or until cookies are puffy and no longer glossy.
- Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to cooling racks.
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container for up to one week.
For more delicious Christmas cookie recipes, try these:
For all things Christmas go HERE.
For all desserts go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.