My dad and my grandma (his mom) were huge sports fans. Baseball, football, hockey, they watched it all. Playoff time was always exciting and they may have gone a little overboard from time to time with the hootin’ and hollerin’. They loved their teams and always supported them whether they were winning or losing.
Unfortunately their love of sports didn’t rub off on my (except for hockey – Go Ducks!). I have to admit, though, I love a good sports party. Getting together for baseball playoffs, yelling and cheering, and of course good food!
I have a yummy Avocado Bruschetta to share with you that will be perfect for the next big game!
It’s so easy to make and sure to please a hungry crowd. It combines all the flavors you love about your favorite guacamole – creamy avocado, spicy onion, savory tomato, garlic, lime and cilantro – into a unique new dish.
Just dice your ingredients and gently mix them together with lots of salt to bring out the yummy flavors. Then scoop on top of toasted slices of french baguettes for a delicious appetizer that just about anyone will love!
Now how about a GIVEAWAY!?
- (1) Sur La Table “Batter Up” Silicone Spatula
- (1) OXO 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
- (1) I ♥ Avocado T-Shirt
- (1) Avocados From Mexico-branded USB loaded with recipes
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 french baguette, cut into half inch slices
- Olive oil
- Slice your baguette and brush each slice lightly with olive oil. Place each slice oil side down on a cookie sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 4-5 minutes, or until bread is lightly toasted. Alternatively, a hot skillet or griddle will work as well. Place bread olive oil side down for 2-3 minutes over medium high heat.
- While bread is toasting, gently toss ingredients together and set aside.
- Place toasted slices of bread oil side up and top with a scoop of avocado mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro (if desired) and serve.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.