This Bacon & Pineapple Fried Rice is full of sweet pineapple and salty, crunchy bacon. It’s ready in less than 15 minutes and makes a delicious side dish or entree any day of the week.
Fried Rice has always been a go-to easy dinner for us on busy weeknights. Any time I make rice as a side, I double it so I have leftovers for Fried Rice. I usually use any meat we have leftover, like chicken or pork or even smoked sausage, but sometimes I like to go a little crazy and fry up some bacon.
Bacon Fried Rice was actually one of the very first recipes I ever cooked on my own as a kid. I remember finding the recipe in one of my mom’s cookbooks and wanting to make it. I made it all the time after that first trial and it became one of my all time favorite dishes.
Fried Rice is now a favorite of my kids. I think sometime in the near future they’ll be ready to start making it on their own, too! It’s super simple, and you can customize it to your own personal tastes. The main ingredients for this Bacon & Pineapple Rice are onion, frozen vegetables (peas, carrots and corn), cooked white or brown rice, bacon, pineapple, garlic and soy sauce.
The steps are easy – cook the bacon, and reserve a small amount of the fat to cook the onion in. You could also use canola or vegetable oil to make it a tiny bit healthier. Cook the onions and garlic, add the rice, then add the veggies. Once everything is heated through, stir in the bacon, pineapple and green onion. Easy peasy and a great way to use up leftovers!
Our favorite way to enjoy this Bacon & Pineapple Fried Rice is with this Huli-Huli Chicken.
Bacon & Pineapple Fried RicePrint Pin Rate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 a white onion finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 cups frozen peas carrots and corn
- 3-4 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 6 slices bacon cooked and roughly chopped
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits drained
- 3 green onions sliced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Heat vegetable oil and add onions. Cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent; about 3-4 minutes. Add vegetables and cook until tender; about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in rice, green onions, pineapple, bacon, soy sauce and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through; about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
For more delicious entrees, try these: