Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are the sweet and savory snack that your friends will fight over! These little guys are deliciously addictive and perfect for game day!!
If you’re like me, you’ll be all over these bacon wrapped chicken bites. This is the stuff that your game daydreams are made of. Pieces of savory bacon wrapped chicken breast pieces with plenty of caramelized brown sugar to give you that whole sweet-and-salty-vibe we all know and love. What’s not to like?
Now, if you follow my blog, you probably remember my Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Wienies. My family and friends are all basically obsessed with these because they’re downright addictive. And they’re actually the inspiration for this recipe. Think of these chicken bites as another variation that is super tasty to snack on!
Now this recipe took a little testing to get it right. Although anything with bacon tends to be a winner, chicken breast is pretty easy to overcook. Now I must say, my husband was not at all sad to get to taste test these bad boys, even in the earlier stages when they still needed work.
But it was a recommendation from my friend Kristin that really perfected these bacon wrapped chicken bites. This was to par-cook the bacon before wrapping it around the chicken which allowed the chicken to still stay relatively moist while still providing a bacon texture that was still pretty crispy and not at all chewy and soggy.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Cut the chicken. I encourage you to pay close attention to the size of your chicken chunks. For this recipe, it’s best to cut them to around an inch in size and to try and make the pieces as uniform as possible for even cooking.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 20 minutes. That was it’ll have awesome flavor before you even add the bacon into the mix.
- Par cook the bacon. As mentioned above, this is a game changer. I cut each slice into thirds and nuked it in batches so as not to overload the plate.
- Wrap the chicken pieces in bacon and secure with a toothpick. Try to make them as secure as possible.
- Toss the secured chicken bites in more brown sugar. Be gentle while you do it and try to evenly coat them.
- Bake them on a sheet pan. Try and make sure they aren’t touching. If needed place them under a high broiler after baking to crisp up the bacon.
Try some of my other favorite game day snacks!
- Spicy Barbecue Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Philly Cheese Steak Bombs
- Ground Beef Enchilada Dip
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 9- 10 pieces of bacon cut into thirds
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup brown sugar divided
- Place the chicken breast chunks into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and 1/3 cup brown sugar and toss to fully coat.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Par-cook the pieces of bacon in the microwave for 1 minute- 1 minute and 20 seconds (this will vary by microwave). Make sure to form a single layer on a plate. I did them in batches.
- Wrap a piece of the cut up bacon around each chicken chunk and secure it with a toothpick.
- Once all chicken chunks are wrapped in bacon, place them all back in the bowl with the other 1/3 cup brown sugar and gently toss to coat each one.
- Spread them on the pan in a single layer but not touching.
- Bake for 15 minutes and if needed, turn up the oven to broil and broil them for a couple minutes to crisp up the bacon.
- Cool for a couple minutes and serve.