This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are the sweet and savory snack that your friends will fight over! These little guys are deliciously addictive and perfect for game day!!
If you’re like me, you’ll be all over these bacon wrapped chicken bites. This is the stuff that your game day dreams are made of. Pieces of savory bacon wrapped chicken breast pieces with plenty of caramelized brown sugar to give you that whole sweet-and-salty-vibe we all know and love. What’s not to like?
Easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Now, if you follow my blog, you probably remember my Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Wienies. My family and friends are all basically obsessed with these because they’re downright addictive. They’re actually the inspiration for this recipe. Think of these chicken bites as another variation that is super tasty to snack on!
Now this recipe took a little testing to get it right. Although anything with bacon tends to be a winner, chicken breast is pretty easy to overcook. Now I must say, my husband was not at all sad to get to taste test these bad boys, even in the earlier stages when they still needed work.
But it was a recommendation from my friend Kristin that really perfected these bacon wrapped chicken bites. I par-cooked the bacon before wrapping it around the chicken which allowed the chicken to still stay relatively moist while the bacon was still pretty crispy and not at all chewy and soggy.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Cut the chicken. I encourage you to pay close attention to the size of your chicken chunks. For this recipe, it’s best to cut them to around an inch in size and to try and make the pieces as uniform as possible for even cooking.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 20 minutes. That way it will have awesome flavor before you even add the bacon into the mix.
- Par cook the bacon. As mentioned above, this is a game changer. I cut each slice into thirds and nuked it in the microwave in batches so as not to overload the plate.
- Wrap the chicken pieces in bacon and secure with a toothpick. Try to make them as secure as possible. Use two if you have to and remove one after cooking.
- Toss the secured bacon wrapped chicken bites in more brown sugar. Be gentle while you do it and try to evenly coat them.
- Bake them on a sheet pan. Try and make sure they aren’t touching. If needed place them under a high broiler after baking to crisp up the bacon even more.
Serve them plain because they can totally hold their own, or with a side of your favorite barbecue sauce. A spicy bbq sauce would add a whole other element of flavor next to the sweet and savory. Of course Ranch dressing dip is always a sure winner, too.
Leftover bacon wrapped chicken should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, place on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes. There’s also no shame in eating them cold.
Want more Game Day Snacks?
“I’m just here for the food” is my game day party mantra. I would be totally fine not seeing the game at all and just being in charge of the food table. I mean, someone has to watch over the Grape Jelly Meatballs and Buffalo Chicken Sliders to make sure we don’t run out! Don’t mind me, I’ll be the one over there in the corner stuffing my face with Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites, Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs and Philly Cheese Steak Bombs.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 10 pieces of bacon cut into thirds
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup brown sugar divided
- Place the chicken breast chunks into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and ⅓ cup brown sugar and toss to fully coat. Let the chicken marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Par-cook the pieces of bacon in the microwave for about a 1 minute a 1 minute and 20 seconds (this will vary by microwave). Make sure to form a single layer on a plate. I did them in batches.
- Wrap a piece of the cut up bacon around each chicken chunk and secure it with a toothpick.
- Once all chicken chunks are wrapped in bacon, place them all back in the bowl with the other ⅓ cup brown sugar and gently toss to coat each one.
- Spread bacon wrapped chicken pieces on the pan in a single layer but not touching.
- Bake for 15 minutes and if needed, turn up the oven to broil and broil them for a couple minutes to crisp up the bacon.
- Cool for a couple minutes and serve.