These delicious Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells are an impressively simple comfort food recipe! If you love stuffed pasta recipes, then you will love this hearty variation!
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home sharing a comfort food recipe that is great for a weeknight dinner but is impressive enough for entertaining, too! I absolutely love stuffed shells and they may just be my absolute favorite comfort food dinner! The addition of chicken and broccoli mixes up my classic stuffed shell recipe to make a new traditional favorite!
Chicken and broccoli go so well together. It is one of those classic combinations that always seems to work! The addition of juicy chicken breasts and tender broccoli to my classic ricotta filling came out so well. I use three types of cheese in my stuffed shell filling which adds to the texture and the flavor! You could really lighten up this recipe too if you are looking for a healthy comfort food meal. Use part-skim ricotta and mozzarella and then really bulk up the chicken and broccoli!
Tomato cream sauce sounds fancy but it is really easy. I took my easy weeknight marinara sauce recipe and added a cup of half-and-half to it! For an even easier meal, you could use store-bought marinara and then just add the cream and let simmer for a little while. You can whatever type of cream you like, heavy cream, light cream, or half-and-half, depending on what you have in your fridge! You could even use whole milk if that’s all you have on hand.
Comfort food season is upon us and there is nothing more comforting than cheese, pasta, and sauce all warm and gooey straight from the oven! These stuffed shells will be on our table all winter long!
Can’t get enough pasta in your life? Me either!!
- Creamy Cheesy Turkey Taco Pasta
- Classic Pasta Carbonara
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- One Pot Pizza Pasta
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells
- 3 cups marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup half and half (or cream)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 12 ounces broccoli (1 bag, steamed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 box jumbo shells cooked 3 minutes shy of box instructions
Sauce (can be made ahead of time)
- Add marinara sauce to a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cream and stir well. Let simmer 15-30 minutes.
- In a 9 by 13 pan, add a layer of sauce to the bottom of your pan to prevent sticking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set cooked shells aside to cool. In a mixing bowl, add all the filling ingredients except for the eggs. Mix well to combine. Taste and add seasonings as desired.
- Once seasoned, add eggs and mix well. Add about 2 heaping tablespoons of filling to each shell. Place in casserole dish seam side up. Repeat until all are full. Top with additional sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes after removing from the oven. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Looking for more comfort food recipes?