This Christmas punch recipe is just what your holiday needs this year! A tangy blend of fruit juices, bubbly ginger ale and rum, this boozy holiday punch can also be made non-alcoholic for a family friendly drink.
The perfect holiday menu includes a delicious and refreshing beverage! This punch fits right in with your Thanksgiving or Christmas menu with it’s tangy cranberry and orange flavors. Add it to the menu with Thanksgiving Turkey, Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes and Homemade Stuffing!
I am a little obsessed with this Christmas punch. So much so, that I might just start making it weekly instead of just waiting until the holidays! It’s got a fabulous blend of sweet and tart flavors, with cranberry and orange juices, sparkly ginger ale and a splash of rum. It can easily be made without the rum for a family friendly treat, or with vodka if that’s preferred.
This is not a fancy drink by any means, but it sure feels fancy sipping it from a pretty glass, garnished with fruit! Easy doesn’t even begin to cover it – just measure out a few ingredients, give them a stir and voila. Perfectly light, bright and delicious holiday punch.
What do you spike punch with?
Our punch can be made with or without alcohol. If you want to spike it with some extra holiday spirit, add a cup of either rum or vodka. These are generally the best alcohol options for punch. A fruit flavored schnapps would also be a good option.
Christmas Punch Ingredients
I love a recipe that can be made super quick and with just a few ingredients. This holiday punch is no exception! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cranberry Juice – You want 100% cranberry juice, not the cocktail variety (too sweet) and not “no sugar added” (too tart). The 100% juice from Ocean Spray is my personal recommendation.
- Orange Juice – Definitely something without pulp and a 100% juice, not a cocktail or punch. I am a diehard Minute Maid OJ fan, through and through.
- Ginger Ale – I prefer ginger ale because it’s not super sweet and has a warmth of flavor. You could also use your favorite Lemon-Lime soda.
- Rum or Vodka – The alcohol is optional. If your party is adults only, you could go ahead and add it into the drink. Otherwise, I suggest either only making the non-alcoholic version or leaving out the booze and letting your guests add it to their individual drinks.
- Fresh fruit – Fresh cranberries and oranges add flavor, color and a bit of sparkle to your drink, especially when used as a garnish.
Christmas Punch Recipe Notes and Top Tips
- The best punch is served nice and cold. Refrigerate all of the ingredients until you’re ready to assemble the punch.
- Make ahead instructions: Most of this drink can be made ahead of time, but don’t add the fruit or soda more than 30 minutes ahead of time.
- Scaling the recipe: This holiday punch recipe will make approximately 10-12 servings. It can be easily scaled up or down. Use the sliding scale on the recipe card below to know exactly how much you’ll need.
How to Serve Punch
Serve your punch in a punch bowl for a large crowd, or in pitchers for ease of pouring. Thread some cranberries and fresh orange slices onto wooden swizzle sticks or simple garnish the glasses with an orange wedge.
Pro tip: Make sure you have plenty of ice! I usually pick up a large bag of ice from the grocery store rather than rely on my refrigerator automatic ice maker so I won’t run out.
- Non-Alcoholic Christmas Punch: Simply omit the alcohol from this recipe. You can replace it with a sparkling apple cider or grape juice if you like, or add more soda.
- Christmas Punch with Sherbet: Add several scoops of sherbet to your punch bowl, or to each glass, for an extra creamy sweet treat.
- Add extra flavor by using a fruit infused vodka like Orange, Peach or Cranberry.
More Classic Holiday Drinks to Love
We’ve got several classic holiday drinks that are perfect for your Christmas celebrations. Choose from boozy favorites like Classic Mimosas, Eggnog White Russian, or a Rum Punch Cocktail. For non-alcoholic drinks, our favorites include Crock Pot Hot Chocolate, White Hot Chocolate and Apple Cider Ginger Punch.
- ½ of an orange sliced
- ½ cup cranberries
- 2 cups cold cranberry juice
- 2 cups cold orange juice
- 2 cups Ginger Ale or Sprite/Sierra Mist
- 1 cup Rum or Vodka I used Rum here and it turned out great!
- Optional garnish - Orange wedges and cranberry skewers
- Place the orange slices and cranberries in the bottom of a 2 quart pitcher. Pour in the remaining ingredients and give a gentle stir. Serve immediately over ice.
- Optional garnish: thread a few cranberries on a wooden swizzle stick and place over the drink, or garnish the glass with a wedge of orange.