A Malibu Bay Breeze is a refreshing cocktail made with Malibu (coconut) rum, and cranberry and pineapple juices. It’s sweet and a perfect porch sipper as summer fades into fall.
If there ever was a perfect year round cocktail, it’s the Malibu Bay Breeze. It’s got refreshing flavors of the tropics plus cranberry which tastes like fall. Enjoy more cocktails that can be enjoyed year round, like the classic Moscow Mule, or learn How to Make Mimosas for a special weekend treat.
When I was working at my first real job as a preschool teacher in my early 20s, a few of us would hang out on the weekends, lounging in the spa and sipping on this very drink out of 32 ounce plastic cups. My affinity for the drink has not changed, the vessel has become a little more classy.
What is Malibu Bay Breeze?
Malibu is a popular Caribbean rum with a coconut flavor and a smooth, slightly sweet finish. It’s the perfect mix-in for tropical juices, like pineapple or grapefruit juice.
A Bay Breeze has pineapple juice, cranberry juice and vodka, while the Malibu Bay Breeze replaces the vodka with Malibu Rum.
How to Make a Malibu Bay Breeze
This three ingredient cocktail is super easy to make for yourself or for a crowd. Make just one drink or make a pitcher to share with friends.
- Malibu Rum – a sweet, coconut flavored rum. Any brand can be used.
- Pineapple juice – any brand is fine
- Cranberry juice – The brand you choose will determine the sweetness of the drink. A cranberry juice cocktail is very sweet, while the 100% juice variety is not as sweet and will create a more balanced cocktail.
Mix Your Cocktail:
- Add ice to a tall glass.
- Pour in equal parts Malibu Rum, pineapple juice and cranberry juice.
- Add a pineapple wedge for garnish and enjoy!
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Make this a personal cocktail by just adding the juices and rum to a single tall glass. Or make a pitcher for a crowd by mixing together equal parts of the ingredients.
- Feel free to customize the amounts of rum and juice to your liking.
- Make it pretty by adding a stemmed cherry or pineapple wedge to your Malibu Bay Breeze for a garnish before serving, even if it’s just for yourself!
More Cocktails to Try
Check out our extensive list of summer cocktails or for a more personalized drink experience, choose one of our favorites. Our Eggnog White Russian Cocktail is perfect for winter holidays, while an Aperol Spritz or Classic Margaritas are delicious year round. As a summer sipper, a Frozen Peach Bellini and Rum Punch are perfect.
Malibu Bay Breeze
- 2 ounces coconut rum
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- Maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
- Pineapple wedge for garnish (optional)
- Fill a tall or rocks glass with ice. Add coconut rum, cranberry juice, then pineapple juice.
- Stir and garnish with cherries and a pineapple wedge, if desired.