This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Bring the taste of the summer to the party with this Malibu Bay Breeze cocktail recipe. It’s a refreshing cocktail made with Coconut rum, cranberry juice and pineapple juice. It’s sweet and refreshing and a perfect porch sipper as summer fades into fall.
If there ever was a perfect year round cocktail, it’s the Malibu Bay Breeze. It’s got refreshing flavors of the tropics plus cranberry leans into fall. Enjoy more cocktails year round, like these classic drink recipes for a Moscow Mule, or learn How to Make Mimosas for a special weekend treat.
Table of Contents
Ingredients in a Malibu Bay Breeze Drink
For best results, you want to use good quality ingredients and chill them beforehand.
- Malibu Rum – a sweet, coconut flavored rum. Any brand can be used.
- Pineapple juice – any brand is fine.
- Cranberry juice – The brand you choose will determine the sweetness of the drink. A cranberry juice cocktail is very sweet, while the 100% juice variety is not as sweet and will create a more balanced cocktail.
How to Make a Malibu Bay Breeze
This three ingredient cocktail is super easy to make for yourself or for a crowd. Make just one drink or make a pitcher to share with friends.
- Add ice to a tall glass.
- Pour in equal parts Malibu Rum, pineapple juice and cranberry juice.
- Add a pineapple wedge for garnish and enjoy!
- Or for a crowd, combine equal parts Malibu and the juices in a large pitcher and stir. Chill until ready to serve, up to 24 hours in advance.
Malibu is a popular Caribbean rum with a coconut flavor and a smooth, slightly sweet finish. It’s the perfect mix-in for tropical juices, like pineapple or grapefruit juice.
A Sea Breeze has pineapple juice, cranberry juice and vodka, while the Bay Breeze replaces the vodka with Malibu Rum.
Malibu coconut rum is a coconut flavored liqueur made with Caribbean rum. It’s technically not a “rum” because it has only 21% alcohol and has added sugar.
You absolutely can mix up a big pitcher of this drink recipe ahead of time. Keep it chilled and serve in glasses over ice.
- Coconut Rum – Regular rum, Pineapple rum or other rum flavors can be used, as can vodka. However that will change the intention of the cocktail.
- Juices – Grapefruit, orange juice or passion fruit juice can replace the pineapple juice.
How to Serve
To make your cocktails a little fancier, add a slice of pineapple or a skewer of cranberries to the glass. A fancy little umbrella will for sure make your guests feel like they’re in the tropics. A wedge of lime is a classic look, too.
It’s important to note that this drink is best served chilled. So make sure you have enough ice.
If you have leftovers in your pitcher, you can store them up to 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
- Make this a personal cocktail by just adding the juices and rum to a single tall glass. Or make a pitcher for a crowd by mixing together equal parts of the ingredients.
- Feel free to customize the amounts of rum and juice to your liking.
- For best results, this drink is served chilled and should start with chilled ingredients.
- Make it pretty by adding a stemmed cherry or pineapple wedge for a garnish before serving, even if it’s just for yourself!
More Cocktails to Try
Check out our extensive list of summer cocktails or for a more personalized drink experience, choose one of our favorites:
- Eggnog White Russian Cocktail
- Aperol Spritz
- Classic Margaritas
- Frozen Peach Bellini
- Rum Punch
- Champagne Punch
- French 75
Malibu Bay Breeze
- 2 ounces coconut rum
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- Maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
- Pineapple wedge for garnish (optional)
- Fill a tall or rocks glass with ice. Add coconut rum, cranberry juice, then pineapple juice.
- Stir and garnish with cherries and a pineapple wedge, if desired.
- Yields 1 drink.
- Nutritional information is approximate and will vary based on brands used. Garnishes are not included in nutritional estimates.
- If you have leftovers in your pitcher, you can store them up to 1-2 days in the refrigerator.