Whether you are sitting in a rocking chair out on the porch, or lounging in the sun by the pool these summer cocktails will leave you refreshed and relaxed. Most of them can be modified without alcohol for a refreshing mocktail the whole family can enjoy!
Start the season off right with these refreshing boozy beverages. From frozen and blended drinks to icy margaritas and fruity tropical temptations there is something for every party and holiday this summer! Whip up a big batch of Peach Sangria for your next backyard cookout or a pitcher of refreshing margaritas for your next girls night in. Icy drinks are the best way to beat the heat so whip up a blender full of frozen peach bellinis with or without the booze for a fruity summer cocktail or “mocktail” kids will love too!
How to Make a Cocktail
- Start with the classics, like a Tom Collins or Margarita. Or you could go all Sex and the City with a Classic Cosmopolitan.
- Buy good quality booze. Two buck chuck won’t cut it if you want a great tasting cocktail. Celebrate the flavor of the alcohol – it is the most important ingredient after all – and enjoy it rather than just trying to booze up some juice.
- Keep lots of ice on hand. Nobody likes a warm drink.
- Use fresh juices or sodas instead of mixers, or at least make your own, like this homemade sweet and sour mix.
- The presentation is just as important as the ingredients. Make it pretty – add a sprig of fresh mint of a piece of fruit to garnish the glass. Keep some unique cocktail glasses on hand along with basic wine glasses and champagne flutes.
The Best Summer Cocktails
Pineapple Strawberry Mimosas
Blue Lagoon Cocktail
Hurricane Party Punch Recipe
Fish Bowl Cocktail
Red, White & Blue White Wine Spritzer
Bomb Pop Jello Shots
Spicy Strawberry Watermelon Margarita
Blue Hawaiian Cocktail
Easy Paloma Cocktail
The best Pina Colada Recipe
Pineapple Mint Prosecco Punch
Sparkling Cucumber Gimlet
Manly Summer Cocktails
Is there really such a thing as a manly summer cocktail? If you ask the internet there is! Perfectly refreshing, no frills with high flavor drinks that will satisfy your cravings. The beauty of these drinks is that anyone can enjoy them!
Tom Collins Recipe | Culinary Hill
Whiskey Sour Recipe - Wine and Glue
Easy Beer Margaritas
Rusty Nail Cocktail
Citrus Beer Sangria Recipe | Self Proclaimed Foodie
Make it a Mocktail
If you want to make summer cocktails the whole family can enjoy, you can just leave the alcohol out of the drinks and make them more of a punch. Garnish the glasses with the same fresh fruit and a pretty straw and everyone gets to have a little fun. Just make sure to distinguish between the boozy and non-boozy drinks.