It’s time to break out the barbecue – summer grilling season is here! Everything tastes better when it’s cooked on the grill! From beef to chicken to veggies and even dessert, we’ve got you covered with tons of delicious summer grilling recipes.
Best Grilling Recipes for Summer
My favorite thing about having a backyard grill is that I can put pretty much anything on it, from meats to veggies and even fruits! I’ve even put garlic bread on the grill and it came out so hot and crispy with a little bit of smoky char.
We grill at least once a week here in Southern California, and even more in the summer. Along the way I’ve learned a lot of tips and tricks for what to grill, how to grill and tools to keep on hand. I’ll share those tips below, then we’ll get into the meat of it, literally! Plus, my back pocket is overflowing with incredible summer grilling recipes!
Top Grilling Tips and Tools
- Always preheat your grill. Just like your oven, your barbecue needs time to come to a safe cooking temperature. The grates get nice and hot and that is what gives you that beautiful sear and char marks we all love to see. This step will also help loosen any stuck on food and helps to keep your food from sticking in the first place.
- Keep the lid closed while cooking. Heat escapes when the lid is open and you’ll be amazed at just how fast that temperature drops. Keeping the grill lid down also helps to prevent flare-ups.
- Monitor the time and temperature. I always keep a timer handy (usually my phone) and a digital meat thermometer so I can keep a close eye on my food and make sure not to overcook it.
Grilling Recipes – Meat
- Grilled London BroilLondon Broil is a cut of beef that's marinated then and grilled over a high heat. This tender, juicy steak is a budget friendly yet classy weeknight meal.Check out this recipe
- Grilled Chicken KabobsJuicy chicken in a flavorful marinade, threaded on skewers and grilled to perfection.Check out this recipe
- Grilled Hamburger SlidersHamburger Sliders are the perfect mini sized party food. These juicy little grilled burgers are so flavorful and easy and great for summertime picnics.Check out this recipe
- Grilled Steak MarinadeDelicious grilled steaks in a rich, savory marinade.Check out this recipe
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri SauceLearn how to make an incredibly juicy grilled pork tenderloin marinated in lemon, garlic and spices that cooks on your grill in just about 15 minutes!Check out this recipe
- Grilled Shrimp TacosGrilled Shrimp Tacos are a 15-minute meal that's perfect for your next cookout! Colorful and delicious, they'll fly off the plate!Check out this recipe
- Grilled Chicken MarinadeHaving a great grilled chicken marinade in your back pocket is essential for summer grilling. This delicious marinade packs a flavor punch without being overpowering, and it's great with any kind of chicken!Check out this recipe
- Spice Rubbed Grilled Tri-TipThis Spice Rubbed Grilled Tri Tip recipe will yield the juiciest, most tender BBQ Tri-Tip ever! Plus tips for grilling, slicing and serving!Check out this recipe
- Citrus Grilled ChickenCheck out this recipe
- Foil Packet Sausages with Peppers & OnionsFoil Packet Grilled Sausage & Peppers - A satisfying grilled dinner that is perfect for feeding a crowd at a backyard barbecue and easy enough for a weeknight dinner.Check out this recipe
- Cajun Grilled Pork ChopsGet juicy grilled pork chops with a spicy kick using a homemade rub. Simple and flavorful, it's the perfect summer meal!Check out this recipe
- Carne AsadaMarinated and grilled flank steak, sliced and served with rice and beans or stuffed into tacos or burritos.Check out this recipe
- Grilled PizzaTry this simple method for some of the best grilled pizza you'll ever eat, with a crispy, flavorful crust , melty cheese and all your favorite toppings.Check out this recipe
- Korean Short RibsThese delicious Grilled Korean Short Ribs are so tender and full of flavor! Marinated in a tangy Kalbi style marinade for hours, this juicy short rib recipe is sure to become an instant favorite!Check out this recipe
- Balsamic Steak SaladJuicy grilled steak slices, vegetables, crumbled blue cheese, and a balsamic dressing make this steak salad recipe perfect for summer.Check out this recipe
- Grilled Chicken SatayChicken tenders are marinated in a homemade satay, threaded on skewers and grilled to perfection. Serve with a homemade Peanut Sauce!Check out this recipe
- Grilled Chicken FajitasThese Chicken Fajitas are so quick and easy to make, with a delicious mix of seasonings. With a flavorful chicken fajita marinade and grilled vegetables, this chicken fajita recipe is a favorite easy meal!Check out this recipe
- Grilled Steak FajitasSteak Fajitas are good, but Grilled Steak Fajitas are better! Tender flank steak makes a great fajita protein with charred peppers and onions- this is an easy dinner that's perfect for a summer get-together.Check out this recipe
- Beer BratsBeer Brats are a summer staple, taste delicious and are super easy to make. Grill brats to char and then simmer with beer and onions.Check out this recipe
Grilling Recipes – Side Dishes and Dessert
- Grilled PotatoesThese Grilled Potatoes are flavored with a simple seasoning blend, par-boiled then grilled to perfection. They are so simple and easy - they will become your new favorite summer side dish!Check out this recipe
- Grilled ZucchiniGrilled Zucchini, marinated in lemon juice and olive oil, is a healthy summer side dish that everyone loves! It's become a staple in our house and the only vegetable my kids actually beg for!Check out this recipe
- Balsamic Grilled VegetablesThese Grilled Vegetables are coated with a balsamic vinegar reduction and grilled until tender and slightly charred. This is the ultimate summer side dish!Check out this recipe
- How to Cook Corn on the Cob (Microwaved and Grilled)Perfectly cooked corn on the cob using a two-step microwaved and grilled method. Coat with butter and salt for the perfect summer side dish!Check out this recipe
- Grilled Blueberry Dessert PizzaGrilled Blueberry Dessert Pizza is a perfect dessert for your next cookout! Prep your ingredients ahead of time and bring everything together in just 10 minutes!Check out this recipe
- Grilled AvocadosVelvety smooth avocados are charred and filled with salsa, then topped with melted cheese to make the perfect summer appetizer or side dish. Or, add them to your favorite guacamole recipe for a smoky dip!Check out this recipe
- Grilled Garlic Butter MushroomsCheck out this recipe