This Cranberry Chocolate Chip Quick Bread is sure to be a holiday favorite. It’s delicious as a breakfast or snack with a hot cup of coffee and it’s perfect for holiday gift giving too.
The bright red cranberries in this bread looks super festive, making this a perfect choice for holiday brunch. The cranberries offer a burst of tartness while the chocolate chips match that with their cream sweetness. My whole family enjoys this recipe, and I love that it makes two nice sized loaves. One to eat now, and
one to eat tomorrow freeze for later. Or wrap it up with a cute printable wrapper, like this one. Wouldn’t that make an adorable (and tasty) neighbor gift for Christmas?
You’ll want to make sure to use the fresh cranberries that you can find in the produce section of your supermarket. The dried would work, but they are sweetened and don’t offer that fresh pop of tart that fresh cranberries do.
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9"x5" loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, using a whisk or a for until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, orange juice and zest, vanilla extract, orange extract, and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir just until blended - do not over mix. Gently fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly between the two baking pans. Bake for about 50-60 minutes. It's done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack, then gently slide a sharp knife around the bread to loosen and remove from the pans.
For more delicious holiday treats, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.