This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Creamy Lemon Artichoke Tortellini Skillet is tender and cheesy and full of lemon-y flavor. Ready in just 20 minutes, it’s a delicious dinner any night of the week.
We recently took an amazing cruise from Vancouver through the Inside Passage of Alaska. The views were spectacular, the air was cool and crisp, and the food was to die for. Despite there being world class meals available each night, the meal I remember most as my favorite of the cruise, was a Lemon Artichoke Ravioli. Tender ravioli stuffed with artichokes and cheese smothered in a creamy lemon sauce. It was just amazing.
I knew immediately that it was something I wanted to recreate at home but the artichoke ravioli had me stumped. It wasn’t something I could just pick up at the local grocery store and I certainly wasn’t going to be (gasp) making my own from scratch. So I put my thinking cap on and on the flight home I jotted down my ideas for this recipe.
As simple as basic cheese tortellini might seem, the cream and the lemon and the artichokes and Parmesan all work together in beautiful harmony to create this dish that might just become my signature. The cream is nicely offset by the acid from the lemon and the Parmesan cheese is the perfect finishing touch. It’s such a versatile dish too – you can add some protein like chicken or sausage, or some spinach would be great as well.
I was so excited to make this Creamy Lemon Artichoke Tortellini Skillet that I made it literally the first day we were back home. Great for meatless Monday, or just when you’re wanting something that’s lighter but still has some a ton of flavor, you’ll love this easy one skillet meal!
Creamy Lemon Artichoke Tortellini Skillet
- 20 ounces Cheese tortellini
- 1 15- ounce can artichokes drained and cut in half
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth or water
- ½ cup heavy cream or milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan + extra for garnish if desired
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish if desired
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened; about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add artichokes and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest and tortellini. Bring to a boil and continue to cook, stirring often for about 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese until cheeses are melted.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh chopped parsley and more fresh Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Love this Creamy Lemon Artichoke Tortellini Skillet? Try these other great recipes
One Pan Ham & Cheese Tortellini
Italian Sausage & Tortellini Skillet
15 Minutes Tortellini & Broccoli Alfredo
For all One Pan Meals go HERE, for all dinner recipes go HERE and for the Recipe Index go HERE.
Excellent flavor & super quick to make… Has become a new family favorite!
Nice! Thanks for stopping by Melinda.
This recipe has way too much lemon juice in it. The other flavors in the sauce were very good but the lemon flavor was very tart and overpowering.
I’m glad you tried the recipe. I personally like a ton of lemon flavor but everyone is different. I hope you’ll try it again with an adjustment, it really is one of my favorite dishes.