This Easy Crockpot Apple Butter is so simple and cooks overnight in your crockpot! It’s creamy and sweet and a healthier alternative to jams and jellies.
There is just something about the taste of apple butter that screams fall to me. Fall is my favorite season. I love the cool crisp air, flannel shirts, football and home cooked food. I am sharing a recipe that is sure to make your mouth water and your family will be begging for more. My Easy Homemade Apple Butter recipe is a hit in our home!
Hi friends! I am so excited to have joined the Yellow Bliss Road Creative Team!! I am Amy from A Cup Full of Sass. I am so happy to be here! Each month I will be sharing some of my recipes here with you.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE BUTTER IN THE CROCKPOT
This apple butter recipe is so easy to make! Start by chopping a 5 pound bag of apples. The best apples to use for this recipe are Red Delicious, Gala, Fuji, McIntosh or Winesap as they are softer, meatier apples. You can also use Granny Smith for a more tart flavor like we did, or yellow delicious for a more mild sweetness. The best part about this recipe, is that there is no apple peeling needed. Yes, you read that correctly. You will leave the apple peel on. Peeling apples is usually why most people don’t even want to bother with making homemade apple butter. But not this recipe. Because the skin is the most nutritional part of the apple, keeping it on is a win win.
Since this crockpot apple butter needs about 10 hours on low for cooking (I don’t recommend the high setting as the sugars can burn), the apple butter cooks overnight in your slow cooker so your entire house is filled with the smell of apples and cinnamon when you wake up. YUM!
WHAT IS APPLE BUTTER USED FOR?
Apple butter is basically a condensed applesauce that is thick and spreadable and so delicious. It’s perfect for spreading on toast or English muffins, or any other type of bread or cracker. Since it can be stored for a while in the fridge, apple butter also makes a great holiday gift. You can also make these as cute gifts for friends and family any time of the year because everyone will love them. This batch of apple butter will fill about four half pint jars. Perfect size for sharing. And trust me this is gift anyone would love to receive!
For more delicious apple recipes, try these:
- Classic Apple Pie Recipe
- Slow Cooker Apple Pie Filling
- Apple Crumble Recipe
- Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake Dip
- Apple Cinnamon Oven Pancake
- Pumpkin Apple Bread
- Caramel Apple Nachos
For all recipes, go HERE. I hope you love this apple butter recipe as much as I do! Enjoy!
Easy Homemade Apple ButterPrint Pin Rate
- 10 - 12 Medium Apples approximately 5 pounds, cored and chopped. (Leave the skins on the apples)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add chopped apples to a crockpot.
- In a medium size bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves, salt, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the chopped apples in the crockpot and stir until well coated.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Puree the apple mixture with an immersion blender or a in counter-top blender until smooth.
- Once the apple butter is smooth and cool, store in mason jars or an air tight jar. Store in refrigerator for up to one month or freezer for up to one year.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature on rolls, biscuits, engligh muffins, toast or crackers!