This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Filling is a recipe that’s a game changer. It’s not just for pies! We love serving on with ice cream, pancakes, and even oatmeal!
Apple pie is my favorite dessert. I would pick pie over cake any time any day. This simple apple pie filling is a favorite of mine and it’s not just for pies. You can use it for several different recipes or you can eat it how I enjoy it, with a spoon and a little bit of whipped cream
How to make Slow Cooker Apple Pie Filling:
- Peel and dice apples. I diced mine to be bite size.
- Toss apples into the slow cooker then toss with cornstarch.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook until apples are tender.
How to use Slow Cooker Apple Pie Filling:
- Add it to the top of oatmeal.
- Use it as a topping for ice cream.
- Put it inside cinnamon rolls or French toast.
- Top off your morning pancakes with it.
- Of course, put it in homemade pie crust.
How to store Slow Cooker Apple Pie Filling:
I placed my mason jars. Once it cooled I place in the fridge where it can stay good for 3-4 days. To freeze this recipe allow your filling to cool then place in a freezer bag. Keep in the freezer for 3-4 months. When you are ready to use it, place it in the fridge for 24 hours. Reheat on the stove top or microwave.
Can’t get enough apples?
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Filling
- 3 pounds Apples
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Peel, core, and dice apples. Then place in your slow cooker.
- Add in cornstarch and mix until apples are coated. Add in all remanning ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours until apples are tender.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
I made this with McIntosh apples and it was the best-So easy, too! Thank you.
You are so welcome Linda! Thanks for stopping by.
If making a single batch, how many pies will this fill? 1? Thanks!
Should fill 1 pie.
What are the baking instructions when added to a raw pie crust? Will the apple be overcooked?
Fill the shell with the filling and cover with a second crust. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cover the edges with foil and lower the oven temperature to 375 then bake for another 30-35 minutes. Cool for at least 3 hours.
Hi , I’m trying your slow cooker apple pie filling. Can I can this.
You could follow canning instructions and can it, sure.