This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Filling is a recipe that’s a game changer. It’s not just for pies! We love serving on with ice cream, pancakes, and even oatmeal!
Apple pie is my favorite dessert. I would pick pie over cake any time any day. This simple apple pie filling is a favorite of mine and it’s not just for pies. You can use it for several different recipes or you can eat it how I enjoy it, with a spoon and a little bit of whipped cream.Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
How to make Slow Cooker Apple Pie Filling:
- Peel and dice apples. I diced mine to be bite size.
- Toss apples into the slow cooker then toss with cornstarch.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook until apples are tender.
- Add it to the top of oatmeal.
- Use it as a topping for ice cream.
- Put it inside cinnamon rolls or French toast.
- Top off your morning pancakes with it.
- Of course, put it in homemade pie crust.
How to Store
I placed my mason jars. Once it cooled I place in the fridge where it can stay good for 3-4 days. To freeze this recipe allow your filling to cool then place in a freezer bag. Keep in the freezer for 3-4 months. When you are ready to use it, place it in the fridge for 24 hours. Reheat on the stove top or microwave.
More Apple Recipes
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
- Green Apple Smoothie Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Apple Butter
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Filling
- 3 pounds Apples
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Peel, core, and dice apples. Then place in your slow cooker.
- Add in cornstarch and mix until apples are coated. Add in all remanning ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours until apples are tender.