Serve this spicy Garlic & Herb Olive Oil Bread Dip with a crusty french baguette or crostini and you will be the talk of the dinner table.
There’s just something about bread that makes me feel all cozy, warm and fuzzy, I love you kinds of feeling. Probably because I seriously love bread. Like, love it want to marry it elementary school kind of love.
One of my kids’ favorite places to eat is California Pizza Kitchen. Not because of their fabulous pizza and salads, but because of their amazingly delicious bread dip. Yes, my kids love the olive oil bread dip at CPK so much that they each ask for their own bowls of the stuff. I swear they’d lap it up with a spoon if I’d let them.
Tips for Making Olive Oil Bread Dip
- There are a lot of spices and ingredients in this olive oil bread dip, but don’t let that deter you because it really is super simple to make. I like to use a mason jar because I can combine everything in the jar, shake it up, and leave it in their for future uses…if we actually have any leftover.
- Some people like to infuse the olive oil with garlic. This is definitely an option if you want a more garlicky flavor. Just use a 4 or 5 additional cloves of garlic, mince them up and cook them in a small saucepan on the stove over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- What kind of olive oil do I use for dipping bread? Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or EVOO if you’re Rachael Ray) is the purest and most delicate olive oil, making it great for dipping and drizzling.
Have this Bread Dip on hand for a quick pre-dinner snack whether you’re hosting 20 of your closest friends or simply your family of 4. It will be an elegant way to start any meal, and a great way to tide your guests over until the main course is served.
Or if you’re like me, pour some in a bowl and slice up some bread and pound it for breakfast. No judgement here.
Here are some more delicious bread dips to check out:
- Goat Cheese & Marinara Dip
- Garlic Bread Cheese Dip
- Slow Cooker Meat Lovers Pizza Dip
- BLT Dip with Crostini
Olive Oil Bread Dip
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp basil dried
- 1 tbsp parsley dried
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp red pepper crushed
- ½ tsp rosemary crushed
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Place ingredients together in an airtight jar or plastic container (like a mason jar) and shake until well combined.
- Pour into a small dipping bowl, using a spoon to get some of the herbs and other goodness with the oil.
- Serve with slices of crusty bread for dipping.
- Store for several weeks in an airtight container in the fridge. To re-use, just let sit on the counter for 10 minutes, then shake it up and serve.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.