Moist, tangy and delicious this Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is the perfect cake to celebrate the warm weather, pool days and family fun!
I love all thing orange. Surprisingly I don’t have my orange flavored treats on my blog, but I love the flavor madly and deeply. I mean madly and deeply is such a strong term so I mean, you get how deep that goes right?
Well my friends, this Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is seriously, THE BEST CAKE! I mean for real. Like the flavors of this bad boy subtly hit you and then its like flavor town in your mouth, and it is a joyous occasion! Ha, I’m getting a little deep with ya’ll aren’t I?
No, but seriously this cake really is just that good. I had people begging me for the recipe. My mom, the seriously judgmental, picky eater took home 4 slices with her. Hooray! Now when my mom can say that she actually likes something (not that she doesn’t, she’s just super critical) then it really means that you have something special going on.
Also, this cake is one of the easiest things on the planet to make! It all starts with a cake mix. I know, I know….cake mix. You guys…I do mainly all my baking from scratch, and sometimes it’s seriously so nice to let the cake mix just do it’s job and help a girl out every now and again, you hear me?
I know some of you can breath a sigh of relief because I know there are people out there who love sweets, but for the life of them, can’t bake…my husband is one of those people. He can’t really cook either, I honestly think the guy would be lost without me, for real. Doomed I tell ya, doomed. Boxed pizzas and TV dinners, rough.
Anyways, so you start with a cake mix! And you prepare it like you would any cake mix, but instead of water we are using orange soda/pop! Instant deliciousness right? Well to add some more fuel to the fire, we poke it full of holes and drizzle a mixture of jello and sweetened condensed milk! Have I got your attention yet?
Well, I’m not quite done. To literally top it all off. We have a mixture of cheesecake pudding, cool whip and some orange zest just to give it a little more pop of flavor and then top it all off with some mounds of whipped cream and orange slices.
I’m a person who loathes dry cakes and this Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is definitely not one of them! This is one of the most soft and moist cakes I’ve ever had, and it is one that we will keep making because it’s been such a huge hit, for sweets lovers and non-sweets lovers alike!!
So if you’re looking for a fun spring/summer cake to bring to that potluck, whip up quick for the kiddos or just because you’re craving something a little extra sweet, then this Orange Creamsicle Cake is begging to be made!
Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix and ingredients on back of box subbing water for orange soda.
- 1 3.4 oz pkg orange jello
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3.4 oz pkg cheesecake pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping, more for topping
- 1 Tbs orange zest more for topping
- Sliced orange rounds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl mix together your cake mix and ingredients required.
- Pour into a prepared 9"x13" pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cake is done, poke holes all over the top and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together your jello, water and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour jello mix over the top of cake and spread into holes, chill for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile to make frosting, in bowl whisk together your pudding and milk until it just starts to get thick, fold in your cool whip and orange zest.
- Spread over chilled cake.
- Top with more whipped cream and quartered orange slices if desired.
You might also like:
Love this Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake? Here are even more delicious cake recipes: