This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Patriotic Cheesecake Cookies are an adorable version of our classic cookie. Created in a swirl of red, white and blue, they are the perfect dessert for Fourth of July!
Hey all! Sam back from The Culinary Compass! I’m excited to bring you these Patriotic Cheesecake Cookies this month just in time for Fourth of July! You’ll be the talk of your barbecue when you bring them along.
If you’re a fan of Yellow Bliss Road (who isn’t?!), you’ve absolutely seen the viral video on Facebook of THE Cheesecake Cookies. They’re perfectly moist (sorry if you hate that word) and gooey and full of decadent cheesecake flavor in a small cookie form. Be sure to check the original recipe here! Kristin has included some tips and updates to make sure they come out perfect every time!
I wanted to try out her recipe and add a little patriotic flare to it! The recipe is still her original, but the one thing I found to help add in food coloring is to chill the dough for 15 minutes once you divide it into thirds. This helps cool it down and makes it less sticky so it’s easier to dye and handle.
There’s all sorts of ways that I’ve seen to create a marble effect with dough, but I found one way that was the best for this type of dough. After I divided the dough into three and dyed it, I took ½ tbsp of each color and rolled it in the palm of my hands until I liked the marbling effect! They don’t have to be perfectly portioned or rolled out before you create each cookie either so it’s very easy for kids to help with.
It’s super easy and easy to create all sorts of fun designs. Each one is like a snowflake in the fact that no one will ever be the same. Just be careful in over rolling in your hands! The colors will start to muddle and get muted if you mix them together too much.
The best part about the coloring? You can use whatever color combination and food coloring that you like for whatever event you have coming up! Be sure to tag @yellowblissroad on Instagram to show off your creation!
Patriotic Cheesecake Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Red and blue food coloring
- Optional: powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together at high speed until fluffy and smooth; 1-2 minutes. Add sugar to the butter mixture and beat until fully incorporated and fluffy; 1-2 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla; 1 minute.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir just until incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Separate the dough into three small bowls. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, add in food coloring and incorporate into the dough until your desired color is reached. Dough will still be sticky, but easier to work with!
- To create a cookie, take ½ tbsp of each color dough into your hands and roll together between the palms of your hands to create the marbling effect of your choice. Be careful to not over incorporate to avoid mixing the colors too much. Repeat for the rest of the dough and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Cookies should be light in color, not browned, and just starting to brown on the bottom. *Length of baking time may vary from oven to oven.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Love these Patriotic Cheesecake Cookies? You’ll love these too: