Hey guys! This is Amber from Crazy Little Projects taking a step out of my comfort zone (I’m more at home sewing and crafting I think) to bring you our favorite game day appetizer – Shepherder’s Dip! You ready for this?
Don’t you just love football? What-you don’t? OK, try this. Don’t you just love the food that goes along with football? You do? I thought so.
I’m not a professional football watcher (I do love college football though) but when this time of year rolls around and everyone starts talking about football parties and all the food that goes along with it, my mouth starts to water and suddenly I care more about who wins the big game than I did before.
Today I am showing you one of my favorites. It’s a little unconventional-I’ve never had it anywhere else, but my mom has made it for years. And it is really good. It’s gone fast whenever she makes it.
So trust me and try this. It also only takes about 5-10 minutes to whip it up.
Shepherder’s Bread Dip Recipe:
Shepherder's Bread Dip
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 10 oz of sour cream
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 2 2.5 oz packages of chopped beef (I usually get the Buddig brand-near
- the lunch meats in your store)
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large sheepherder's bread loaf or bread bowl of any kind
- You may also want to get a loaf of french bread for extra bread to shred
- Combine the sour cream and cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Chop the green pepper, onion and beef into very small pieces and add them to the sour cream and cream cheese mixture. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce and mix it all together.
- Cut the top out of your bread and hollow it out. Scoop your dip into the bowl.
- Shred the bread from the bread bowl and any excess that you have to use for dipping