Last updated on
Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs are a quick and easy weeknight meal or appetizer that is so delicious! Turkey meatballs topped with an incredible homemade teriyaki sauce. Perfect over rice or noodles!
So these might just be the ultimate turkey meatballs. The meatballs are jam-packed with Asian flavors with freshly grated ginger and green onions baked right into the meatballs which is really what takes them to the next level in my opinion. The teriyaki sauce on top is thick and has just the right amount of sweetness and complements the meatballs perfectly. Serving them over white rice or noodles (such as ramen or rice noodles) makes this a filling and delicious meal that’s sure to be a new favorite!
I think my favorite part of these teriyaki meatballs was just how quick and easy they really were to make! Start to finish, I only spent about 20-25 minutes making them so they turned out to be such an awesome weeknight meal! I always try keeping a bunch of quick dinner recipes on hand for those nights where dinner has to be made quickly and this is definitely going to be a regular in the dinner rotation. These meatballs were so great that there weren’t any leftovers! We are huge fans of making Asian-inspired recipes, with things such as Orange Chicken being staples at my house but combining those incredible Asian flavors with classic meatballs is such a great combination of classic foods!
You can substitute in garlic powder and ground ginger but the flavors will definitely not be as strong. I would use just ¼ teaspoon ground ginger and ⅓ teaspoon garlic powder in both the meatballs and sauce. If you prefer beef meatballs, you can sub beef in for turkey in the recipe.
Can’t get enough meatballs? Try these other recipes!
- Buffalo Ranch Meatballs
- Spicy Honey Garlic Meatballs
- One Pan Parmesan Meatballs
- Spicy Pineapple Barbecue Turkey Meatballs
- Easy Homemade Meatballs
Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
- 16 oz ground turkey
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Roll meatballs into balls that are 1 1/4". Place on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil and bake for 12 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Transfer cooked meatballs to a mixing bowl and pour sauce over. Lightly mix before serving. Top with green onions and sesame seeds.