This Orange Banana Smoothie is light and refreshing. It’s made with only 3 ingredients and in just 5 minutes!
An orange banana smoothie is perfect for breakfast, served with Breakfast Burritos or Baked Egg Muffins. It also makes a great snack any time of the day.
Healthy Orange Smoothie Ingredients
- Bananas – Slice a couple of bananas into chunks and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Light coconut milk – adds a tropical flair to your smoothie, and also keeps it light. You can substitute any type of milk you enjoy, including almost milk or oat milk. Yogurt works too.
- Orange juice – fresh squeezed or from a bottle, your choice. Remember that orange can contain a lot of sugar, so it you want to keep the calories low, choose a sugar free or low sugar juice.
How to Make a Smoothie
A smoothie starts with your choice of fruit or veggies and some milk or juice. You can easily customize the ingredients with your favorite things.
If you can, use frozen fruit to get a slushy texture. If you only have fresh fruit, you may need some ice.
This smoothie is so easy. It has only three, lightened up ingredients, which really just slashes the calorie count. I use under ripe frozen bananas as the base. It makes it so that the smoothie does not taste banana-ish at all, but is super creamy. Then I use some lightened coconut milk and some reduced sugar orange juice – there are some great brands out there that use Stevia to cut back on the calories. So yummy! Then just blend it together.
I’m not lying when I say it tastes a lot like an Orange Julius. But with a fraction of the calories!
More Refreshing Smoothies You’ll Love
If you’ve made this recipe, please come back and leave us a star rating or a comment below. Or, tag us on social media @yellowblissroad or #yellowblissroad for a chance to be featured.
- 2 under ripe banana broken up and frozen
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup orange juice
Calories: 189kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 44mgPotassium: 608mgFiber: 3gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 262IUVitamin C: 57mgCalcium: 16mgIron: 1mg
Recipe courtesy of Lisa at Simple Joy.