This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Orange Banana Smoothie is light and refreshing. It’s made with only 4 ingredients and is ready to enjoy in just 5 minutes!Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
Orange Banana Smoothie Ingredients
- Bananas – Slice a couple of bananas into chunks and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Milk – You can use any type of milk you enjoy, including regular milk, unsweetened almond milk or oat milk. Coconut milk would add a tropical flair to your smoothie.
- Plain Yogurt – To thicken up your smoothie a bit. Feel free to use a flavored yogurt to sweeten it up a bit.
- Orange juice – freshly squeezed or from a bottle, your choice. Remember that orange juice can contain a lot of sugar, so if you want to keep the calories low, choose a sugar-free or low-sugar juice.
- Ice – Optional to thicken the smoothie and provide a more slushy texture if you prefer.
How To Make A Smoothie
Any smoothie starts with your choice of fruit or veggies and some milk, yogurt or juice. You can easily customize the ingredients with your favorite things.
- Combine orange juice, milk, yogurt, and ice cubes in a high-speed blender. I recommend a Vitamix or Ninja.
- Add banana and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Taste and add a sweetener like honey or agave if desired.
- Serve immediately.
You can cover and place leftover smoothie in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. It won’t be as frothy and thick but it will still be tasty.
Freezing smoothies is a great way to meal prep! Blend a big batch of smoothies and pour into individual serving containers. Freeze for up to 3 months, and thaw overnight in the fridge to have your smoothie ready for breakfast!
Frozen mango, strawberries, blueberries, or even melon will work in place of the banana.
- If you can, use frozen fruit to get a slushy texture. If you only have fresh fruit, you may need some ice.
- To lighten the calories, use low sugar orange juice, or fresh squeezed.
- Freeze the banana chunks for 30 minutes for a more slushy texture.
- For a less prominent banana flavor, use under-ripe bananas.
- Feel free to add protein powder, chia seeds or even veggies like spinach or carrots.
- Always start with liquids to help your blender work more efficiently.
More Refreshing Smoothies You’ll Love
- Mango Smoothie
- Banana Peach Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Green Apple Smoothie Recipe
- Easy Cherry Smoothie
- Skinny Berry Smoothie
- Pineapple Smoothie
Banana Orange Smoothie
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Ice optional
- Place milk, orange juice, yogurti, and banana nto a high-speed blender and cover.
- Blend until smooth. Add ice if needed for thickness and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve imediately.