This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for the perfect quick and easy vegetable side dish that your kids will go nuts for? Look no further than this 5-Minute Parmesan Ranch Broccoli!
My kids are pretty typical when it comes to vegetables. They don’t want to eat them unless they are drowning in ranch. Sound familiar? I was getting a little tired of watching them slurp up puddles of ranch dressing just to get them to eat a few pieces of broccoli.
So how to get your kids to eat vegetables without a ton of sauce? Add flavor!
I love sauteing my veggies because I can make sure they don’t come out too soggy. I love when they are soft but still have a nice crunch to them. This Parmesan Ranch Broccoli cooks in a little bit of butter over a medium-high heat. Then the broccoli is sprinkled with a teaspoon of Ranch dressing mix. That’s pretty much it. It’s a lot healthier than drowning in Ranch and it’s super quick and easy.
Both of my kids, even my veggie-hating son, loved it! He ate every piece on his plate without any prodding from me. I’d call that a win.
5-Minute Parmesan Ranch Broccoli
- 6-7 cups broccoli about 1 ½ pounds, stalks removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry Ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Melt butter in the skillet, then add broccoli. Stir to coat and cook for about 4 minutes, until broccoli starts to soften but still has a crisp bite to it.
- Sprinkle Ranch mix over broccoli. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of water and stir to coat broccoli completely. Cook for about a minute. If you prefer broccoli to be very soft, cook a couple of minutes longer.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over broccoli and serve hot.
For more delicious recipes, try these: