Looking for the perfect quick and easy vegetable side dish that your kids will go nuts for? Look no further than this 5-Minute Parmesan Ranch Broccoli!
My kids are pretty typical when it comes to vegetables. They don’t want to eat them unless they are drowning in ranch. Sound familiar? I was getting a little tired of watching them slurp up puddles of ranch dressing just to get them to eat a few pieces of broccoli.
So how to get your kids to eat vegetables without a ton of sauce? Add flavor!
I love sauteing my veggies because I can make sure they don’t come out too soggy. I love when they are soft but still have a nice crunch to them. This Parmesan Ranch Broccoli cooks in a little bit of butter over a medium-high heat. Then the broccoli is sprinkled with a teaspoon of Ranch dressing mix. That’s pretty much it. It’s a lot healthier than drowning in Ranch and it’s super quick and easy.
Both of my kids, even my veggie-hating son, loved it! He ate every piece on his plate without any prodding from me. I’d call that a win.
5-Minute Parmesan Ranch BroccoliPrint Pin Rate
- 6-7 cups broccoli about 1 1/2 pounds, stalks removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry Ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Melt butter in the skillet, then add broccoli. Stir to coat and cook for about 4 minutes, until broccoli starts to soften but still has a crisp bite to it.
- Sprinkle Ranch mix over broccoli. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of water and stir to coat broccoli completely. Cook for about a minute. If you prefer broccoli to be very soft, cook a couple of minutes longer.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over broccoli and serve hot.
For more delicious recipes, try these: