Hi friends, it’s Amy from A Cup Full of Sass back to share another recipe with you. This healthy Black Bean and Couscous Salad is the perfect summer recipe. I use whole wheat Couscous with organic black beans and organic corn to make it super healthy. This recipe would also be great on a whole wheat tortilla shell. It’s both filling and delicious. Not to mention it’s super easy and fast to make.
Couscous takes only five minutes to prepare and works well as a side dish in place of rice, pasta or potatoes. Or make it into a salad like I did in this recipe.
I love using fresh garden vegetables in my recipes. If you have a garden, use your cherry tomatoes and spinach from it. They are the best!
You could also serve this as a side dish with grilled lime chicken or fish to have a healthy delicious meal. Can you say yum?!
Black Beans and Couscous Salad
- 1 cup of Couscous Whole Wheat
- 1 can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can of Corn drained
- 1 cup of fresh Spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup of fresh Lime squeezed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In large sauce pan, combine 1 cup water, pinch of salt and bring to boil. Add 1 cup of Couscous. Remove from heat and cover with lid for let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Mix lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper together. Set aside
- Combine corn, black beans, spinach and tomatoes in bowl.
- Add liquid mixture.
- Add couscous and diced avocado.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
You may also like summer recipe for a breakfast treat. Fresh blueberries and strawberries are my favorite.
For more fresh salads, try these: