This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Hi friends, it’s Amy from A Cup Full of Sass back to share another recipe with you. This healthy Black Bean and Couscous Salad is the perfect summer recipe. I use whole wheat Couscous with organic black beans and organic corn to make it super healthy. This recipe would also be great on a whole wheat tortilla shell. It’s both filling and delicious. Not to mention it’s super easy and fast to make.
Couscous takes only five minutes to prepare and works well as a side dish in place of rice, pasta or potatoes. Or make it into a salad like I did in this recipe.
I love using fresh garden vegetables in my recipes. If you have a garden, use your cherry tomatoes and spinach from it. They are the best!
You could also serve this as a side dish with grilled lime chicken or fish to have a healthy delicious meal. Can you say yum?!
Black Beans and Couscous Salad
- 1 cup Couscous Whole Wheat
- 1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can Corn drained
- 1 cup of fresh Spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup of fresh Lime squeezed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In large sauce pan, combine 1 cup water, pinch of salt and bring to boil. Add 1 cup of Couscous. Remove from heat and cover with lid for let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Mix lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper together. Set aside
- Combine corn, black beans, spinach and tomatoes in bowl.
- Add liquid mixture.
- Add couscous and diced avocado.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
You may also like summer recipe for a breakfast treat. Fresh blueberries and strawberries are my favorite.
For more fresh salads, try these:
Orange & Balsamic Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Farmer’s Market Salad with Homemade Ranch
For more easy salad recipes, go HERE and for all recipes go HERE.