A tangy marinade of balsamic vinegar, orange juice and honey make this balsamic chicken incredibly juicy and flavorful. Diced and wrapped in crunchy lettuce leaves and topped with strawberries, toasted pecans and creamy Feta Cheese, these Balsamic Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a perfect summer lunch or light but filling dinner.
If you’re anything like me, turning on the oven on a warm summer evening is not an option. Let us cool you down with some crisp, hearty lettuce wraps, like our Easy Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps, Nicoise Salad Lettuce Wraps and of course this Balsamic Chicken version!
Grilled Balsamic Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Summer is salad season, and believe it or not, my kids LOVE salads and lettuce wraps! We stuff crunchy lettuce leaves with things like taco meat and cheese, chicken strips, and this Balsamic Chicken with strawberries and Feta.
You can then grill on the stovetop or on your barbecue grill outside. You can get those char marks year round by using an indoor grill and I love it! Aren’t those grill marks gorgeous?
Lettuce wraps are a perfect way to eat healthy and add a little texture to your favorite foods during the summer. These couldn’t be easier to put together – all you need is the grilled chicken, sliced strawberries, pecans and some deliciously salty Feta Cheese. One of my favorite flavor combinations is balsamic, strawberry and feta – so delicious!
How to make Grilled Balsamic Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I’ve always loved the flavors of balsamic vinegar, and on chicken it’s so delicious. The marinade for this grilled chicken is super easy and requires just 5 ingredients.
- balsamic vinegar
- orange juice
- olive or vegetable oil
It’s important to season the chicken breasts first with salt and pepper before placing in the marinade, and to let the chicken soak up those flavors for at least 30 minutes.
Once the chicken has had time to marinate, grill it on your outdoor grill. Prep the other ingredients for your lettuce wraps before grilling so everything is ready to go. These balsamic chicken wraps would be delicious with some avocado added on top too!
WHAT IS THE BEST LETTUCE FOR LETTUCE WRAPS?
A crisp lettuce is the best because you want the leaves to be sturdy enough to hold up to the filling. My favorites are:
- Boston (Bibb) Lettuce (my personal preference)
HOW TO STORE LETTUCE AND KEEP IT FRESH
When you bring home a head of lettuce, be sure to cut the wire or string off first. Wrap the entire head of lettuce in a paper towel and store in a plastic bag. When you’re ready to use, cut or peel off what you need and wrap the rest in a paper towel and return to the bag.
For more on how to keep lettuce fresh, go HERE.
For more delicious Lettuce Wrap ideas, try these:
and for some healthy summer salads, try these:
- Chicken Fajita Salad
- Farmer’s Market Salad
- Classic Cobb Salad
- Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
For all recipes, go HERE.
Balsamic Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Grilled Balsamic Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8-12 Whole Lettuce Leaves Butter, Iceberg or Romaine
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- Mix marinade ingredients, except chicken, in a medium bowl.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. For even cooking, pound chicken to a uniform thickness, about a half inch or so. Season uncooked chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in a large ziploc bag. Pour marinade over chicken, press out air much air as possible, seal and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the bag and discard the remaining marinade. Cook chicken on a preheated grill over medium heat until no longer pink; about 3-4 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Set aside and cover loosely with foil to rest for a few minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the balsamic glaze. Pour about 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and cook over medium low heat until reduced by half. Sauce should be thick enough to lightly coat the back of a metal spoon. Set aside.
- To prepare the lettuce wraps, gently peel leaves, wash and pat dry. Chop chicken and layer in the lettuce leaves, followed by sliced strawberries, pecans and Feta Cheese. Top with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.