Buffalo Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps take all the flavors of your favorite spicy appetizer and wrap them in a cool, crisp lettuce cup.
Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
I am not a fan of spicy food but I could eat my weight in buffalo chicken wings. They’re crispy, buttery, spicy goodness gets me every single time. Of course they aren’t the healthiest of foods so they really should be enjoyed in moderation.
That is definitely not the case with my Buffalo Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps. They are full of all the good flavors but not all the fat.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Salad
First you’ll make the chicken salad. It’s super simple with just a few ingredients.
- Start with some fully cooked and shredded chicken. Use a rotisserie chicken, leftovers, or use my slow cooker, baked or instant pot methods.
- Coat the chicken in a dressing of mayo, ranch dressing and buffalo sauce and add some diced celery. If you want it a little more spicy, feel free to add more buffalo sauce.
- Serve buffalo chicken salad in lettuce wraps (like shown), tortilla wraps or sandwiches, or on top of chopped lettuce as a salad.
How to make Lettuce Wraps
- To make the lettuce wraps, start with some good crunchy lettuce with large cup-like leaves. Romaine, Iceberg or Butter lettuce are my favorites. Butter lettuce is probably the least susceptible to breakage.
- Rinse the leaves and lay them out on a paper towel and blot them dry. Or you could use a salad spinner which is much faster if you have one.
- Once the cups are dry, add your filling. In this case add some buffalo chicken salad, and the topping of your choice. We like crumbled blue cheese and sliced green onions.
How long will buffalo chicken salad last?
You should store the chicken salad in the fridge, covered for optimal freshness. It will last 3-4 days. If it seems dry when you go to eat the leftovers, add a little mayo or ranch and stir to coat.
Want more chicken salad?
How about more lettuce wraps?
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Buffalo Chicken Salad:
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise more or less to taste
- ¼ cup ranch dressing more or less to taste
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce more or less to taste
- 2 stalks celery diced
- Sliced green onions
- Ranch or blue cheese for dipping
- Blue cheese crumbles optional
- Lettuce cups (optional) Butter lettuce, romaine or iceberg
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and gently stir to combine. Enjoy as is, or wrapped in lettuce cups, tortillas or in a sandwich.
- If serving as lettuce wraps: peel lettuce leaves into cups, then gently wash and allow to dry. Scoop salad into lettuce cups and top with ranch or blue cheese dressing, green onions and blue cheese crumbles.