Everyone needs a delicious Chicken Salad recipe in their arsenal, and this one is creamy and packed with flavor! It’s perfect for sandwiches, lettuce wraps or by itself.
We love hearty salad options, and this Chicken Salad is no exception. It’s a great addition to your lunch, brunch or even picnic menu along with other delicious salad recipes like the Best Ever Classic Macaroni Salad, Favorite Potato Salad or my Lightened Up Egg Salad.
EASY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
Lunch time can be a tricky time. You want something healthy, simple and delicious that can fill you up without weighing you down because whether you’re running errands, working from home or in an office, you need good fuel to keep you going. Salads like this one are an excellent option because you can customize them to your own personal tastes, it’s healthy and it’s super easy to make.
WHAT IS IN CHICKEN SALAD?
Chicken Salad can be easily customized, but typically consists of the following ingredients:
- shredded chicken breasts
- a crunchy element like celery or nuts
- a dressing of mayo, sour cream or Greek yogurt
- something tangy like dijon mustard or vinegar
- sweeten it up with cranberries or grapes.
- add fresh herbs like dill, parsley or thyme.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SALAD
- Start with the salad dressing. Combine mayo, dijon mustard, lemon juice, fresh parsley and dill, garlic powder and paprika in a large bowl.
- Add shredded chicken, diced celery and sliced onions and stir it up until everything is combined and coated well. Add more mayo if you want a creamier salad.
- Serve it up!
6 WAYS TO SERVE CHICKEN SALAD
This Chicken Salad recipe is so versatile! Here are six different ways to serve it:
- Toast slices of bread and spread chicken salad on one slice. Top with lettuce and tomato and the other slice of bread. Secure with toothpicks.
- Spread on a flour tortilla and roll up as a wrap or slice for chicken salad pinwheels.
- Gently separate a head of butter, romaine or iceberg lettuce into cups and spoon scoops of salad into them.
- Toss a garden salad with lettuce, tomatoes and other raw veggies and add a couple scoops of salad.
- Spread on crackers.
- Scoop into pita bread halves.
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN SALAD
Place leftover chicken salad in an airtight container and seal. Refrigerate for up to three days. If salad seems dry, add a little more mayo before enjoying.
You’ll love these other delicious lunch and picnic options:
- Easy Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Wedge Salad Dip
- Cuban Sandwich Recipe
- Easy Baked French Dip Sandwiches
- Blue Cheese BLT Sandwich with Lemon Dill Mayo
- Italian Chicken Quesadillas with Greek Yogurt Dip
- BLT Bruschetta
- 3/4 cup mayo more or less to taste
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, pecans or walnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine mayo, mustard, lemon juice, parsley, dill, paprika and garlic powder.
- Stir in shredded chicken, celery and green onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with sliced almonds and green onions.
- Serve as desired - on toasted bread for a sandwich, on a bed of lettuce or in lettuce wraps, rolled up in tortillas or on its own.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.