Tangy, crunchy, savory and light – these crunchy Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps are a perfect light lunch or even appetizer – and bonus, they’re good for you too!
I have a confession. I am addicted to lettuce wraps, like my Baked Teriyaki Salmon Lettuce Wraps or Nicoise Salad Lettuce Wraps. I love crunchy food and lettuce wraps are the complete package for everything I love.
Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Lettuce wraps can be low carb, low calorie and grain or gluten free, depending on the toppings you choose. This chicken club wrap has grilled chicken, tomatoes, avocado, bacon and a creamy Dijon sauce to give it a little kick. There are so many possibilities and options for lettuce wraps – you could have a different recipe every day. They don’t require much prep work, and offer a filling alternative to traditional calorie laden sandwiches or tortilla wraps, plus I love the crisp bite of the lettuce!
How to make Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps
The recipe is so simple, I can hardly call it a recipe!
- It starts with chicken, which can be barbecued, baked or even rotisserie, or use my easy stovetop grilling method. If you have some of my easy slow cooker shredded chicken on hand, this is a perfect use for it.
- The perfect club of course has lots of fresh tomato and avocado, and creamy Dijon mustard. To make the Dijon sauce, simply mix 1 part Dijon mustard with 1 part sour cream, and add a few turns of fresh cracked pepper. I really, really like simple!
- For the lettuce I prefer iceberg or Romaine, but any crisp lettuce would work. Just carefully peel away the outer layers to the smaller layers underneath. Wash the lettuce leafs and carefully spin in a salad spinner or pat them dry so they don’t break.
- It’s fun to eat, and can get a little messy, so be sure to have the napkins handy.
What is the best lettuce for lettuce wraps?
A crisp lettuce is the best because you want the leaves to be sturdy enough to hold up to the filling. My favorites are:
- Boston (Bibb) Lettuce (my personal preference)
How to store lettuce and keep it fresh
When you bring home a head of lettuce, be sure to cut the wire or string off first. Wrap the entire head of lettuce in a paper towel and store in a plastic bag. When you’re ready to use, cut or peel off what you need and wrap the rest in a paper towel and return to the bag.
For more on how to keep lettuce fresh, go HERE.
For more quick and easy lunches, try these:
- Broccoli Salad
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Easy Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Antipasto Pasta Salad
- Easy Baked French Dip Sandwiches
- Barbecue Chicken Biscuit Sandwiches
Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps
- 2 cups shredded or chopped chicken breasts
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 8 large iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves
Creamy Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Creamy Dijon Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, sour cream and pepper. Set aside for topping lettuce wraps.
- Divide the chicken among the four lettuce leaves, then top with avocado, tomatoes, bacon and Dijon dressing.
- To eat, simply pick up the wrap like a taco, and enjoy!
Want more healthy options for the new year?
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.