This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Creamy Cheesy Southwest Dip is a delicious hot appetizer that will satisfy your cheese cravings with lots of spicy pepper jack and cheddar cheeses, plus the southwest flavors you love. Full of black beans, corn and spicy tomatoes, this creamy, cheesy dip will disappear in minutes – better make a double batch!
We love dips, whether hot or cold; if I can stick a chip or cracker in it, I’m a happy girl. Cheesy dips are pretty the ultimate in comfort food appetizer and this Cheesy Southwest Dip is no exception. It’s a play on my Skinny Southwest Chicken Dip, but without the “skinny”…because sometimes you just have to indulge!
The base of this creamy dip is cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and cheddar cheese which are combined before adding the black beans, corn, tomatoes, green onions and seasonings. I went back and forth about adding chicken to this Cheesy Southwest Dip, but ultimately I was afraid it might be a little too hard to actually “dip” into. You could definitely add a cup or so of shredded chicken if you like, which I think would be delicious!
I love Southwest flavors like corn and black beans and chilies and they are all perfect in this dip. A little spicy, a lot cheesy and a whole lot of delicious! One thing to note, this makes a lot of dip. It filled my 9-inch pie plate to the brim (but didn’t overflow). You could half the recipe and serve it in an 8-inch round or square dish that it would fill a little more than half-way to the top.
More Delicious Dips to Try
Cheesy Southwest Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces Pepper Jack cheese shredded (divided)
- 6 ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded (divided)
- 1 15- ounce can corn drained
- 1 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 10- ounce can Rotel tomatoes slightly drained
- 1 bunch green onions sliced (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9” round or square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese and spices until well combined. *You can microwave the cream cheese for 10-15 seconds to soften if necessary – just don’t melt. Reserving about ⅓ cup of each, stir in the Cheddar and Pepper Jack cheeses until combined. Gently fold in corn, black beans, tomatoes, and green onions (reserve 1 tablespoon green onions for garnish). Sprinkle remaining Cheddar and Pepper Jack cheeses on top.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with reserved sliced green onions. Serve with tortilla chips.