My Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is a new and easy way to make a classic stand-by favorite. It’s warm and comforting and perfect for cold weather.
Chicken Noodle Soup is often the remedy most people offer when you’re not feeling well. It’s comforting and soothing and sentimental. There are plenty of canned options out there when you need a quick chicken soup fix, but my new preferred method is this from Homemade Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe.
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
I love slow cooker recipes for their simple, quick and easy to make qualities. Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup is as easy as they come. Simply chop up your veggies, add some chicken breasts, seasonings and broth and set it and forget it!
After about 6-7 hours on low (or 5 hours on high) your chicken should be cooked through and the soup should be hot and steamy. Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board, then either chop the chicken into cubes or shred into chunks. My family tends to never be able to agree on the best way to cut chicken for chicken noodle soup, so the cubes or shredded chunks pretty much depend on the cook! Whichecer way you happen to like to cut your chicken, toss it back into the crockpot and add the noodles. You’ll want to make sure to set a time for this and only cook the soup with the noodles for 15-20 minutes. Any longer and the noodles can overcook.
If you like, you can cook the noodles separately and not have to worry about overcooking, but that does require a little more effort.
Once the noodles are cooked, stir in some fresh parsley and ladle the soup into bowls.
Why is Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup good for you?
There really is nothing more comforting than homemade chicken noodle soup. It cures the common cold – the warm broth soothes a sore throat and the anti-inflammatory properties in the broth have been known to reduce congestion. Plus it just makes you feel GOOD.
Chicken broth is naturally low in calories and easy to digest, plus it’s nutritious and the added chicken provides a good dose of protein.
Here are some more chicken soup recipes to try:
And more chicken recipes for the slow cooker:
Tools used to make Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup:
Crock Pot Slow Cooker – This 6-1/2-quart slow cooker has a touchscreen control panel with programmable cooking time and an auto keep-warm function.
Soup Ladle – Made of stainless steel with an easy grip handle, perfect for serving soups, stews and sauces.
- 1 ½-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ribs celery sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch coins
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 64 ounces Chicken Broth more or less to fill the cooker about ⅔
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups uncooked Egg Noodles
- ¼ cup fresh minced parsley
- Add chicken breasts, vegetables and seasonings to the slow cooker. Pour in broth and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred into chunks with two forks. Discard bay leaves and allspice.
- Place shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and add noodles. Stir, then cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in fresh minced parsley and serve warm.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.