Last updated on
Greek Salsa is a fun twist on everyone’s favorite snack! It’s light, fresh, and super addictive, but also totally easy to make!
I love a good homemade salsa and I’ll pretty much take it however I can get it! There’s something about fresh vegetable (and sometimes fruit) and all those great flavors that make fresh salsa so much better than store-bought and seriously easy to make. See what I mean with my fresh Fresh Pineapple Salsa or Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
How to Make Greek Salsa
Sometimes it’s fun to mix things up a little. Stray a bit for the traditional Mexican flavors that you typically find in salsa. Don’t get me wrong, I love it and if there’s a bowl of it in front of me I will keep on eating it. But there’s something about Greek flavors that lend themselves beautifully to a totally addictive, and easy Greek salsa recipe.
Of course, I had to include tomatoes, I mean this is still a salsa! But then I added cool and refreshing cucumber, a little red onion for flavor, briny Kalamata olives, salty feta cheese, lemon juice for brightness and fresh oregano. So many amazing flavors in one place. I serve them with crispy, sea salt pita chips, to keep with our theme, but this would also be great with tortilla chips.
- Chop your veggies. You want to chop them pretty small so it’s easy to grab a scoop and get all the flavors together.
- Mix. Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir together, including the dressing.
- Taste and adjust. Add salt and pepper, and more of any veggie or cheese you like.
Tips to make this Greek Salsa Recipe
- Can I use black olives in place of Kalamata olives? Sure! Just make sure to drain the can first and chop them well.
- Why are you using Roma tomatoes? Because they tend to have fewer seeds, and you’ll get more tomato-bang for your buck. You can totally use another variety of tomatoes, just chop them up well.
- Do I need to peel the cucumber? No, unless you prefer yours peeled.
- What if I want more or less of something? As with most savory recipes, I strongly encourage you to taste it and adjust accordingly. If you prefer more or less of something change it up! This is a super-flexible recipe.
Try some of my other favorite salsa recipes!
You can beat these easy appetizers!
- 1 1/4 cups Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup seedless cucumber diced (about half the cucumber)
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano chopped (or you can use 1 teaspoon of dried oregano)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- The juice of half a lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Taste for flavor and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Refrigerate until serving.