This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta is made with tender pieces of chicken, rotini pasta and green chiles in a creamy, cheesy sauce. It’s a delicious meal made all in one pan for easy clean up!
I based this Chicken Enchilada Pasta recipe off of my famous Chicken Enchilada Casserole. Instead of tortillas, it’s made with Rotini pasta. It’s rich and creamy, with just enough heat to make it interesting!
Table of Contents
One Pan Enchilada Pasta
Like all of my one pot meals, this pasta is a quick and easy option for busy weeknights, and it makes a great Sunday supper too. Served with a salad on the side, it’s a hearty meal that will quickly become a family favorite.
This Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Pasta all cooks in one pan (I use this stainless steel pan from Calphalon), so clean up is easy.
How to Make Green Chile Enchilada Pasta
- Saute the onions, brown the chicken, and saute the garlic in the same pan. Don’t worry about cooking the chicken all the way through – it will continue to cook as the pasta simmers.
- Stir in the green chiles, water, salsa and enchilada sauce. Quickly bring to a boil and cover for 20 minutes on low.
- Once the liquid has reduced and the pasta is al dente, stir in the cream cheese and sprinkle the Jack cheese on top. Replace the lid until the cheese melts.
- Store: Place cooled leftovers in an airtight container and keep refrigerated. Enjoy within 3-4 days.
- Freeze: You could also free the pasta for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating. Keep in mind that creamy sauces can break down in the freezing process and may not taste as good when reheated.
- Reheat: Reheat leftovers in the microwave for 60-90 seconds, stirring once halfway through.
You can customize this recipe in a few different ways:
- Add black beans and corn.
- Top with sliced black olives and creamy avocados.
- Use red enchilada sauce instead of green.
- Add some heat with a little chili powder or a pinch of cayenne.
- Swap jack cheese for cheddar cheese or use a mix of the two.
More One Pan Meals
- One Pan Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Kale
- One Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu
- One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice
- One Pan Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
- One Pot Cajun Sausage and Rice
One Pan Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces diced mild green chiles
- 10 ounces green chile verde enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup Pace Picante sauce
- 2 1/2 cups small uncooked pasta
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- In a 12″ pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and stir until soft – about 3 minutes.
- Season chicken with a little salt and pepper and add to the pan and brown, then add garlic and stir.
- Add green chiles, chile verde sauce, picante sauce, uncooked pasta and water. Stir then bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese until completely melted and incorporated, then sprinkle with jack cheese.
- Cover for at least five minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- Garnish with green onions or olives if desired.