This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Frozen Ravioli and Spaghetti Sauce are taken to the next level in this One Pan Skillet Lasagna. It’s a meal that’s easy to throw together on a busy weeknight, and pretty and hearty enough for Sunday Supper.
It doesn’t matter what day it is, my kids are always asking for Italian style pasta. I’ve kind of worn out my One Pan Spaghetti and One Pan Tortellini recipes, so it was time to come up with something different. My two littles LOVE Ravioli. Those little pasta pillows stuffed with cheese, chicken or beef are definitely the way to their little hearts.
So last night when my son asked for ravioli – again – I quickly devised a plan to create something a little more special than just boiled pasta and sauce again.
This dish comes together so easily, and all right in one pan!
This recipe calls for jar pasta sauce, but I always doctor it up a bit – I almost never serve it straight out of the jar. Gotta bump up the flavor!
Start by sauteing onions and garlic, then add the sauce and some seasonings, and a little bit of water. Heat that through until it’s almost to the boiling point (you don’t want it boiling because it will be splattering all over your stove). Then stir in the frozen Ravioli. I used beef ravioli, but you could use any flavor that your family likes. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and cover it for about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle on about a cup of Mozzarella cheese and stir it into the sauce. The sprinkle another cup of cheese on top and cover it back up to let all the cheese melt and get yummy and gooey.
One Pan Skillet Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 26 oz frozen ravioli any flavor
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to avoid splatters, and stir in spaghetti sauce, water and seasonings. Bring heat up to medium and let sauce heat through.
- Stir in frozen ravioli.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle in half the Mozzarella cheese and stir it into the sauce until it melts.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and parsley on top and replace cover to let all the cheese melt, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
For more quick and easy One Pan Meals, be sure to check these out:
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For a complete list of recipes on the site, go HERE.