This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Easy Skillet Stove Top Lasagna is a simple one pot meal that’s going to completely change your weeknight dinner game. With lasagna noodles, pasta sauce and ground beef, this simple meal is ready in about 30 minutes.
Table of Contents
About This Recipe
We love Italian food in our house, in fact spaghetti is pretty much consumed at least twice a week. It’s what my kids say is their favorite food, and it’s what this mom loves to cook, because let’s face, it doesn’t get much easier!
This stove top lasagna recipe is as simple as it gets, because we all know that lasagna isn’t the easiest or quickest dish to make. I thought why not take a work intensive casserole like lasagna and turn it into an easy stove top lasagna meal?
It only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, and you have hot, delicious comfort food on that table, that’s sure to become a family favorite. It’s definitely being added to our weeknight menu!
Keep in mind this isn’t a traditional casserole, so it doesn’t cut into nice, neat little squares. But trust me, with all the time you’ve saved you won’t care – it’s still delicious and you’ll scoop that deliciousness right up with your spoon.
- Ground beef – the leaner the better, otherwise the lasagna could get a little greasy.
- Seasonings – Italian seasoning, Salt, Garlic, Black pepper
- Lasagna noodles – I used Barilla oven ready noodles because they cook with the sauce and don’t require boiling.
- Spaghetti Sauce – Buy your favorite jarred sauce or make your own recipe. You need about 3 cups of sauce.
- Water – Vegetable broth or chicken broth works too.
- Cheese – Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded.
How to Make Stove Top Lasagna
See recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- In a 5-quart cooking pot, cook ground beef until it is fully cooked through and no longer pink. Drain and residual grease. Stir in minced garlic, Italian seasoning and salt and cook for another minute, then stir in spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil. Add the broken lasagna noodles and simmer until tender.
- Meanwhile combine the ricotta, parmesan cheese and black pepper. When the noodles are tender, open the lid and dot the top with spoonfuls of the ricotta. Top with Mozzarella, then cover just long enough to melt the cheese and remove from heat.
- Let sit and rest for a few minutes, then sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve immediately.
If it’s hot and steamy veggies you’re after, my Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables should do the trick.
How to Store
Place leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave for 30-60 minutes, stir and repeat if needed.
I don’t recommend freezing, because pasta and cheese don’e always work out well when they thaw. But if you want to give it a try, use an airtight freezer container and thaw before reheating.
More One Pot Meals to Try
- One Pot Cajun Sausage and Rice
- One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice
- One Pan Ham & Cheese Tortellini
- Easy One Pan Buttered Noodles
- One Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles
One Pot Stovetop Lasanga
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 No Boil Lasagna Noodles broken into 2-inch pieces
- 24 ounces Spaghetti Sauce depending on how saucy you like it
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In a 5 quart cooking pot, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in minced garlic, Italian seasoning and salt and cook for one minute. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water and bring to a boil. Stir in broken lasagna noodles. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until noodles are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan cheese, black pepper. Dot the top of the lasagna with large spoonfuls of the ricotta mixture. Then sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered, then sprinkle with fresh parsley or basil and serve immediately.