This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Barilla, but all my opinions, and my One Pot Lasagna Recipe, are my own. #pmedia #JoytotheTable http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO
We love Italian in our house; in fact spaghetti is pretty much consumed at least twice a week. It’s what my kids say is their favorite food, and it’s what this mom loves to cook, because let’s face, it doesn’t get much easier! I recently realized that my kids have never had lasagna, and that kind of shocked me because I LOVE lasagna! Of course, lasagna isn’t the easiest or quickest dish to make, so I thought why not make a one post lasagna meal, since one pot meals are a favorite in our house!?
It only takes about thirty minutes from start to finish, and you have a hot, delicious comfort food on that table, that’s sure to become a family favorite. It’s definitely being added to our weeknight menu!
The first thing to do is head to your local Safeway store and take advantage of the in-store offer of $1 savings on your favorite Barilla Spaghetti Sauce and $1 off of Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna noodles.
I always gave garlic on hand but if you don’t, grab some of that too – get the minced garlic in a jar just ’cause it’s super easy. While you’re at it, you’ll need a pound of hamburger meat, chicken broth and Ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses.
You’ll put it all together, cook it for about 20 minutes, and then you get to taste this:
Doesn’t that look amazing?? Keep in mind this isn’t a traditional casserole, so it doesn’t cut into nice, neat little squares. But trust me, with all the time you’ve saved you won’t care – it’s still delicious!
A lot of people ask what pan I use. I used my Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan for this recipe. It’s a great non-stick pan, it’s held up fabulously for years, and clean up is a snap! I recently purchased a Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 12″ Everyday Pan and that one is just as fabulous. Both are perfect for my one pot meals.
For more great deals and recipe ideas, check out Barilla on Facebook.
If you enjoyed this easy recipe, you might also like:
One Pot Stovetop Lasanga
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 package Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagna, broken into fourths
- 1 1/2 - 2 jars Barilla Spaghetti Sauce (depending on how saucy you like it)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In a 5 quart cooking pot, cook ground beef, garlic and dry seasonings over medium high heat, until meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain grease from pan.
- To the meat, add one third of the sauce, then a layer of noodles and repeat, ending with the final third of sauce on top. (the noodles didn't really want to break into fourths, so take what you can get. If they break into smaller pieces, that's ok). Add the chicken broth and stir slightly. (*if only use 1 1/2 jars of sauce, you may need to add more chicken broth. Just watch that it doesn't get too dry).
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, stirring gently a few times to help keep the noodles from sticking together.
- When noodles are tender, remove the pot from the heat. Gently stir in cheeses and reserve some Mozzarella for sprinkling on top. Cover and let sit for five minutes to allow cheeses to melt.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.