This Creamy Taco Ranch Chicken is a quick and easy pantry recipe that cooks all day in your slow cooker. The sauce is rich and creamy and super flavorful, and the chicken tender and delicious.
When your entire family gobbles their dinner down in 5 minutes flat, you know you’ve got a good one! That’s pretty much what happened with this Slow Cooker Taco Ranch Chicken. It had been cooking since late morning, so when the kids got home from school they immediately noticed the scent wafting through the house. It was like grandma’s kitchen and your favorite Mexican restaurant all rolled in to one.
Then when I served it on a bed of my favorite Mexican Rice and watched my daughter scarf more than half of her portion before I’d even sat down, well, I knew I couldn’t wait to share it with you!
I love that it’s full of ingredients that I always have in my pantry – canned tomatoes and corn, black beans, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, onion, garlic and cream cheese. These are staples that I regular cook with, but had never used in quite this combination.
Of course the best part is you just dump it all into the slow cooker (except the cream cheese) and let the machine do it’s thing.
You can serve this over rice, in tortillas (wouldn’t this make a fantastic burrito??), with pasta or just on it’s own. I am already craving it and can’t wait to make it again!
Slow Cooker Creamy Fiesta ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2-3 breasts)
- 1/2 packet dry Ranch dressing mix about 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning about 1 tablespoon
- 1 10- ounce can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can yellow corn drained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Salt to taste
- Combine corn, black beans, onion, garlic in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and sprinkle with taco seasoning and Ranch mix.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours. (I prefer low).
- Shred chicken in the slow cooker. Set cream cheese on top of the chicken to soften. Cover and turn slow cooker to low for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and serve chicken mixture over Mexican rice or with pasta or tortillas.
For more delicious Mexican meals, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.