This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Strawberry Brownies are a super simple springtime dessert that comes together easily with just a few pantry ingredients (cake mix!) and some fresh strawberries.
Table of Contents
Why These Are The Best Strawberry Brownies Ever
These epic strawberry brownies are a new favorite because they are super easy to make and so delicious. Everyone loves them!
- Sweet and Creamy – The recipe starts with cake mix, eggs, and oil. I love to add cream cheese to cake mix bars to give them a super moist and creamy texture. These strawberry brownies are rich like a brownie, with the sweet tanginess of strawberries.
- Fresh Strawberries! The addition of the fresh strawberries on top not only just looks really pretty but they add a bit of texture as well and they are perfect for strawberry lovers!
- Party Perfect – These gorgeous pink bars are perfect for parties, baby showers, and high tea because they look so elegant. No one will know they actually came from a box of cake mix!
- Snack or Dessert – But they are a delicious after-school snack too, or served as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Don’t you just love a treat that is as versatile as these strawberry brownies?
Ingredients For Strawberry Brownies
Craving a dense, chewy brownie but all you have is cake mix? Follow this simple recipe to make brownies from any flavor of cake mix:
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix – You can really use any flavor you like here! Chocolate cake mix for chocolate brownies, lemon, white, yellow. The possibilities are as vast as your cravings!
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese – The cream cheese will make for a more gooey brownie.
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Thinly sliced strawberries – I like to top the brownies with very thinly sliced strawberries for a beautiful presentation. Make sure to let them sit and dry out first.
How Do You Make Brownies From Cake Mix?
This formula can of course be adjusted to any flavoring or fillings like lemon extract or chocolate chips. This is really a base recipe for cake mix brownies, but today we’re using it for strawberry brownies.
- If using the strawberry topping, thinly slice a few strawberries and lay them out on paper towels for about 15-30 minutes to dry them out, and pat with paper towels.
- Grab an 8-inch baking pan and line it with parchment or grease it well.
- Mix together strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, egg, and softened cream cheese.
- Spread the batter into the baking dish. It will be thick, so you may need to use your fingers to help spread it to the corners of the pan.
- If using the strawberries, arrange them on top of the batter. Arrange the thinly sliced strawberries on top of the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The edges should just begin to brown and the center should be mostly set. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
How To Store Strawberry Brownies
These brownies are best eaten within a couple of days. Because of their soft and creamy texture, I store these in the refrigerator. They will last up to 5 days if you can keep from devouring them right away.
You can also freeze them, but the moisture from the strawberries may alter the texture as they defrost.
More Brownie Recipes
Strawberry Brownies Recipe
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- Thinly slice a few strawberries and lay the slices out on paper towels. Lightly pat dry and let sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 7×11" or 8-9" square baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer set to medium speed, combine the strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, egg(s), and cream cheese (if using) until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula. The batter will be thick, so use your fingers if necessary.
- Arrange the thinly sliced strawberries on top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until edges are starting to brown and center looks mostly set. Strawberries should be somewhat dried out.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.