Last updated on
This delicious combination of roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and grains topped with a creamy apple vinaigrette is the perfect Thanksgiving Salad. Served as a side dish or an appetizer, you will love this easy salad recipe all fall and winter long!
This Thanksgiving Salad is so simple and so good that I actually dream about it! I first had a version of this salad at a local restaurant and immediately knew that I had to recreate it at home because it would be so good for the holidays! If you think you don’t like Brussels sprouts then I insist that you try them roasted before you rule them out! Once roasted, they get so crispy and full of flavor and when added to the sweet potatoes, you have an amazing combination of flavors!
The addition of the grains adds an interesting textural element! I used a bag of mixed grains from the grocery store, one of those microwaveable bags, but you could use whatever type of grain you like! Rice, quinoa, or couscous would all be great! You can even leave out the grains if you wanted this salad recipe to be strictly vegetables.
I love the versatility of this salad. You can serve it before a meal as an appetizer or you could serve it alongside turkey, chicken, or ham. It definitely works as a side dish! You can even add grilled chicken to the top and serve it as a main course! Easy entertaining recipes that are versatile are my favorite type of recipe, and this one definitely fits the bill.
I can’t forget to mention the amazing dressing! This salad is topped with an apple thyme vinaigrette! The tangy flavors of the apple cider balance out the veggies so well! It adds the perfect flavor punch to an already delicious combination!
The holidays are right around the corner and while it is time to break out our favorite comfort food recipes, we still need to have some vegetables once in a while, right? This Thanksgiving Salad is perfect to even our your comfort food cravings with some healthy veggies and delicious enough to serve to guests!
Need help setting the table? Try some of my other favorite Thanksgiving recipes!
- Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
- The Best Homemade Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Classic Sausage Stuffing
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie Bars
For the salad:
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts trimmed of stems and quartered
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup cooked grains rice, quinoa, or couscous
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons honey to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add sweet potatoes to a sheet pan. Add half the salt, pepper, and olive oil then stir to distribute. Put sheet pan in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes cook, trim and quarter Brussels sprouts. Do not discard leaves that fall off! Once potatoes have cooked 10 minutes, add Brussels sprouts to the pan and season with the rest of the salt, pepper, and olive oil. Stir again and return to the oven. Roast 15 minutes, or until leaves start to char.
- While cooking, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well combined. Taste and add more seasoning or honey, to taste.
- Once veggies are done cooking, add to a serving bowl. Add the grains and stir well. Right before serving, add the dressing. Serve warm or room temperature.
Looking for more easy Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes?