Pasta salad just screams summer to me. So cool and crisp and completely customizable – you can create a big batch as a base and your family can add the toppings they love. This Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad is a perfect example of a customizable pasta salad!
My kids aren’t big veggie fans but they definitely prefer them cold and crunchy. It’s easy to get them to eat their veggies when they are mixed in to a yummy pasta salad. I added tomatoes (my daughter’s favorite) and peas (my son’s favorite) to this one.
Easy to make, colorful and delicious, you have a complete meal to satisfy even your pickiest eaters.
The pasta is cooked separately and cooled, the chicken can be either boiled or broiled, or even a rotisserie chicken would work great, and the bacon is fried until crisp. Everything is tossed together and then the ranch dressing (I use bottled – shhh don’t tell!).
I added a teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper to jazz up the Ranch.
This savory salad has made it into our weekly rotation. We love it for lunch or dinner. It would be perfect for a picnic, too!
- 2 cups small, dry pasta, cooked to al dente
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- ½ cup bottled ranch dressing
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta to al dente and allow to cool. Add chicken, bacon, peas and tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Measure out bottled ranch dressing into a small bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of fresh cracked pepper and stir until combined.
- Pour ranch dressing over pasta mixture and gently fold together.
- Top with bacon crumbles for garnish, if desired.
For more delicious pasta salads, be sure to check these out:
For more delicious salads and sides, be sure to go here.
For a complete list of recipes on the site, be sure to go here.