This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is a delightful combination of tender chicken, crispy bacon, and al dente pasta, tossed in a creamy ranch dressing. This flavorful salad is a crowd-pleaser, perfect for picnics, potlucks, or a satisfying lunch.Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
- Cool and Refreshing – Pasta salad just screams summer! It’s the perfect dinner on a hot summer day with very little cooking required, and no need to turn on the oven.
- Versatile – You can use any kind of chicken you like, from Poached Chicken to rotisserie, and even chicken strips! Same goes for the veggies; stick with the peas and tomatoes, or things like cucumbers, olives, carrots, or avocado.
- Family Friendly – Chicken+Bacon+Ranch is definitely a popular flavor combo with kids and adults alike! I use that combo in lots of recipes, like Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders and Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Sandwiches.
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
See recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the Ranch dressing, mayo, and sour cream together for the dressing. If you prefer you can swap the mayo or sour cream for Greek yogurt.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, bacon, peas, and tomatoes together. Pour on the dressing and toss to coat.
Make Ahead and Storage
You can combine the salad ingredients without the dressing up to a day in advance. However, if you plan to use breaded chicken strips, save those for adding the day of to preserve the texture.
The dressing can also be prepped a day in advance and stored separately. Dress the salad no more than a couple of hours before serving.
Store leftovers in a covered container for up to 3-4 days. The pasta may absorb some of the dressing, so add a couple of tablespoons of Ranch to rehydrate when serving leftovers.
- Reserve some bacon crumbles – or make extra – to garnish the salad. Chives also make a nice garnish.
- Rinse the pasta to remove the excess starch or cool quickly.
- Optional, but delicious – chop and add some fresh herbs like dill or parsley.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Creamy Taco Pasta Salad
- Lightened Up Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Balsamic Strawberry Pasta Salad
Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad
- 2 cups small dry pasta cooked to al dente
- 2 cups diced or shredded chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas cooked
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 6 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup bottled ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta to al dente and allow to cool. Add chicken, bacon, peas and tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Combine Ranch dressing, sour cream and mayonnaise into a small bowl. Add salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Pour dressing mixture over pasta mixture and gently stir to coat.
- Top with bacon crumbles for garnish, if desired.
For more delicious pasta salads, be sure to check these out: