Creamy Ranch dressing and crumbled blue cheese together with spicy buffalo sauce coat your favorite pasta to create a creamy and spicy buffalo chicken pasta salad that is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
I am a sucker for hot wings, ever since I discovered them at this little local dive back in my early 20s. They are total indulgence, greasy, buttery, spicy and topped with cool ranch they are absolute perfection. Sometimes they are just a little too rich, but the craving is still there so I created this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad. The heat level is fully customizable; you just add as much or as little hot sauce as you want. Or, even better, letting your guests add their own hot sauce keeps everyone happy!
This salad is so easy to make. You’ll just need some cooked pasta and shredded chicken, as well as celery and carrots for that cool crunch. The dressing is so easy because you use bottle Ranch dressing – no need to complicate things, right? Add in crumbled Blue Cheese and Buffalo Sauce and you’re good to go!
Anytime I can create a fabulous meal without turning on my oven, especially in the middle of summer, I’m all for it. On those blazin’ hot days that my family enjoys quite a few lettuce wraps and pasta salads, like my mom’s famous Classic Macaroni Salad, and my latest creation, Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad.
The best part is that you can spice it up or down, depending on your family’s tastes. I know how important it is to satisfy picky eaters – I’ve got two of them! For my daughter, I reserved some of the pasta salad without the sauce and just added ranch. For my son, I mixed up the dressing and poured a little on his salad, then added more hot sauce for me. I love dishes that are easy to customize for each member of my family.
- 2 cups dry Rotini Pasta, cooked to al dente, and chilled
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup bottled Ranch Dressing
- 2 Tbsp or more Buffalo sauce, like Frank's Red Hot
- 2 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- Mix together the ranch, blue cheese and buffalo sauce in a small bowl and set aside. Test the spiciness of the dressing and add more hot sauce to taste.
- Toss the cooked and cooled pasta, shredded chicken, celery and carrot together in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the pasta and stir until evenly coated.
- Divide into bowls and serve. This salad is best served chilled.
For more cool summer meals, try these: