With layers of sweet and creamy peppermint cheesecake and fudgy chunks of brownie, these Peppermint Cheesecake Brownie Parfaits are THE dessert of the season!
Peppermint and the holidays just seem to go together. And if you want something really special, you pair that peppermint up with some chocolate. I’ve been really into making these no-bake cheesecake style desserts, like my Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake. The cream base is so easy to make, with just cream cheese and non-dairy whipped topping (or fresh whipped cream), sugar and the flavoring of your choice; in this case, peppermint.
For the brownie layer, you can use your favorite boxed mix (this is mine) or make a recipe from scratch (like this one). Then you get some pretty glasses (like these) and layer the thick, fudgy brownie with the sweet creamy cheesecake. Top the parfaits off with some Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips and you’re good to go! (Affiliate)
The easiest way to do the cheesecake layer would be to pipe it on, but we just moved and I have no idea where my piper is!
This recipe, depending on the size of your glasses (and your sweet tooth) will make 4-6 parfaits. So you might want to make extras to be sure you’ll have some leftover!
Peppermint Cheesecake Brownie Parfaits
Yield 4 -6 servings
- 1 8x8 pan brownies (your favorite recipe or a boxed mix), baked and cooled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2-3/4 cup granulates sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 ounces non-dairy whipped topping, divided
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips, divided
- In a medium sized bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Beat in peppermint extract. Fold in whipped topping and peppermint chips. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
- Cut cooled brownies into bite sized chunks.
- In parfait glasses or other clear glasses, layer brownies and peppermint cheesecake, ending with the cheesecake layer. Garnish with additional peppermint chips or crushed candy canes, if desired.
Tip - to enhance the peppermint flavor even more, add a teaspoon of peppermint extract to the brownie batter, too.
For more easy desserts, try these: