My Chicken Taco Salad has all your favorite taco toppings in a crunchy salad with a spicy cream Salsa Ranch Dressing. It’s Taco Tuesday in a bowl!
I have been making this Chicken Taco Salad for years now. It’s the perfect way to use up any leftovers from my Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos, or just for an easy taco style meal when we really just want a refreshing salad. Sometimes I’ll even throw in some leftover Mexican Rice for even more flavor.
I add all of my favorite things about tacos – tomatoes, black beans, olives, corn, green onions and lots of sharp cheddar. I actually will usually crushed tortilla chips from the bottom of a bag but was toatlly out when I made this salad! Baking some tortilla slices is an excellent substitution though; just arrange the strips on a baking sheet (no oil needed) and bake in a 350 degree oven until golden. Takes about 5-7 minutes for nice, crunchy tortilla strips.
The dressing is probably my favorite part of this Chicken Taco Salad. It’s super simple too – 1 part Ranch dressing, 1 part sour cream and 2 parts of your favorite salsa. I always serve the salad with lime wedges because I just love that tart bite from that little squeeze of lime.
This easy Chicken Taco Salad is a quick meal to throw together making it perfect for those busy weeknights or the summer months when it’s just too hot to cook. Any leftover chicken will do; I have used my seasoned Baked Chicken Breasts or even just my go-to Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken. Keep extra on hand and this easy Chicken Taco Salad is just a toss away.
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use this recipe/method)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes diced
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- 1 15- ounce can sweet corn
- 1 15- ounce can black beans
- 1 3- ounce can sliced olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1/4 cup bottled Ranch dressing
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
- Combine salad ingredients (except avocado and tortilla chips) together in a large bowl. Toss with the salsa mixture.
- Divide into bowls or on plates and garnish with avocado, tortilla chips and a lime wedge.
For more quick and easy salads, try these:
For more delicious Mexican recipes, try these:
For all salads go HERE.
For all dinner recipes go HERE
For all Mexican recipes go HERE.
For the Recipe Index go HERE.