This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy cheese dip recipe takes only minutes to make with cream cheese and shredded cheddar, and is guaranteed to be a hit at your next party!Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick Recipe – Ready in only minutes!
- Simple Ingredients – You only need three ingredients plus a couple spices/herbs.
- No Cooking or Chilling Required – Just mix up and serve!
How To Make This Easy Cheese Dip Recipe
See recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
This cheese dip takes only minutes to make!
- Beat Cream Cheese and Sour Cream – In a medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and sour cream with a hand mixer until well combined and fluffy.
- Remaining Ingredients – Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Serve – Transfer the cheese dip to a serving dish and serve with potato chips, crackers, or pretzels. Enjoy!
A cream cheese/sour cream based dip will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. You can let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes or so before serving so it softens again.
A cheese dip or spread is great with crackers, potato chips (especially the crinkle cut kind), pretzels, or even veggies.
The key to a smooth, lump-free, consistency when mixing cream cheese and sour cream is using cream cheese that has been softened to room temperature. Using an electric mixer is also much easier than mixing by hand.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. It’s a great make-ahead option!
- Other Mix-Ins – This dip is great on its own, but it also lends well to other add-ins like diced jalapenos, cooked and crumbled bacon, or sliced green onions.
- Use Softened Cream Cheese – It’s important to use softened cream cheese to get a smooth consistency. If you forget to take the cream cheese out, you can remove the cream cheese from its foil wrapper and microwave on a plate in 5 second increments on a low power setting. The goal is to soften it, but not melt it.
- Other Shredded Cheese – Instead of the sharp cheddar cheese, you can use another cheese. I also love using pepper jack to add a kick.
Try These Cheesy Dips Next
Easy Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons minced chives
- Crinkle cut potato chips, crackers, or pretzels for dipping
- In a medium sized bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream with a hand mixer until well combined and fluffy.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Transfer dip to a serving dish and serve with potato chips, crackers or pretzels.