Creamy, crunchy, tangy and salty – this Dill Pickle Dip has got everything you need to make this a totally crave-worthy appetizer! Plus it only takes about 5 minutes to make!
Dill Pickle Dip
If you’re a dip lover like me, dips of any kind are your thing. Savory, sweet, salty, it doesn’t matter to me. If I can dip something it, I’ll eat it!
I think that’s what I love about this Dill Pickle Dip – it has so many layers of flavors, from the creamy sour cream and cream cheese, to the briney, salty and slightly sweet pickles to the bright freshness of the dill. Plus the pickle adds a nice crunchy texture that a lot of dips are usually lacking.
This is the perfect dip for game day, or for enjoying poolside this summer. Great with potato chips, crackers (I love it with Triscuits!) or even spread on a sandwich (I just thought of that, and oh my yum does it sound tasty!!). This is a dip that you’ll want to make over and over and over…you get the picture.
How to make ranch dill pickle dip
The base of this Dill Pickle Dip is cream cheese, sour cream and bottled Ranch dressing. Garlic and a ton of fresh dill add tons of flavor and finally a whole bunch of chopped up dill pickles.
- Stir together sour cream, softened cream cheese and bottled Ranch dressing in a medium sized mixing bowl until the mixture is nice and smooth. Hidden Valley Ranch is my brand of choice but you can use your favorite.
- Chop up some fresh dill and stir it, along with a little garlic powder, into the sour cream mixture.
- Grab your favorite dill pickles and chop them up. Add a little of the pickle juice, too!
- Taste your dip and add salt and pepper as desired.
- For more pickle flavor, stir in a little pickle juice from the jar.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Serve it up
I love to dress up my dips a little so if you do too, feel free to chop up some extras pickles and fresh dill and sprinkle them on top. Ranch Dill Pickle Dip can be served with any of your favorite, dippable snacks. Here are some of ours:
- Potato chips
- Pretzel chips
- Bagel chips
- Chunks of bread
- Raw veggies
For more delicious dip recipes, try these:
- Chicken Crack Dip (Cheddar, Bacon, Ranch)
- Hot Mexican Corn Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Garlic & Herb Olive Oil Bread Dip
- Skinny Taco Dip
- All DIPS
Dill Pickle Ranch Dip
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup bottled Ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice (from the jar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped (or 2-3 teaspoons dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup dill pickles chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, pickle juice and bottled Ranch dressing in a medium sized mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in fresh dill, garlic powder and pickles. Taste and add salt and pepper or more pickle juice as desired. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve dip with potato chips, crackers or spread on sandwiches.