Last updated on
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Potatoes covered in cheese, it doesn’t get much better than that. These Easy Cheese and Ranch Potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal and trust me you are going to love them!
Potatoes may be one of my favorite foods! You can eat them in so many different forms, mashed potatoes, twice baked potatoes, roasted potatoes. Any way you serve them I am going to eat them. Side dishes can be easily looked over, but I think they make or break a good dinner. However, they can’t be complicated. I need something simple and easy and of course something that my kids love to eat. My kids love cheese and ranch (also know as “white dip” in my house) and they loved my baked cheesy ranch potatoes that are covered in ranch dressing, and so I knew they would love this recipe just as much.
I have two somewhat picky eaters on my hands. My oldest is the king of Mac and cheese and my middle could eat chicken nuggets every day and for every meal. When I can not only make a dinner that my kids love but also a side dish to go along with it; I do a little dance because I call that a mom win! Plus it’s a win for me because they are so easy to make. I drizzled mine with oil and seasoned with a pack of ranch seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste and then bake. Once your potatoes are tender you can top them with the cheese! I used shredded cheddar cheese then put my oven on broil. You only want to place it on broil for 30-40 seconds or until your cheese is melted, it shouldn’t take too long. I top mine with green onions and if you serve them with a side of sour cream they taste just like a potato skin!
What should I serve with these Easy Cheese and Ranch Potatoes?
Easy Cheese and Ranch Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix 1 oz
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes into bit sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Add ranch seasoning and toss again to coat.
- Place potatoes on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and brown. Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese. Broil in oven for 30-40 seconds or until cheese has melted. Serve with died green onions.
Check out even more potato recipes:
These are our favorite dinners to make with these potatoes!
- Chopped Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
- Baked Ranch Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Spice Rubbed Grilled Tri Tip