,Mexican Lasagna is an easy casserole that’s loaded with your favorite taco flavors for a weeknight meal the whole family loves!
Do you get food cravings? I do, and nine times out of ten it’s for Mexican food. There’s something about those spices, cheese, and meat combinations that speaks to me on a visceral level. This Mexican Lasagna is the ultimate combination of spices layered with all my favorite taco ingredients and smothered in gooey cheese!
MEXICAN LASAGNA RECIPE
This recipe is called “lasagna,” but there is no pasta to be found. I’m using the term loosely for this layered casserole and using corn tortillas instead of noodles. Let me tell you, it’s pretty magical!
WHAT’S IN MEXICAN LASAGNA?
- Corn tortillas
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Black beans
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN LASAGNA
- Start by heating a large skillet over medium heat. Cook a pound of ground beef until browned and then stir in taco seasoning, corn, beans, tomatoes, and salsa.
- In a large baking dish, spread some salsa, then alternating layers of corn or flour tortillas and the ground beef mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve warm, garnished with sliced green onions for a little color.
So incredibly easy! This recipe has become my go-to for nights when I don’t know what I want to make and the family is staring at me like they haven’t eaten in a week. I always have the ingredients on hand.
WHAT GOES WITH MEXICAN LASAGNA?
Can’t get enough Mexican food in your life? Try some of my other favorite recipes!
- Mexican Sopes Recipe
- Crock Pot Spinach & Bacon Queso Dip
- Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Mexican Beef
- Mexican Pinwheels Recipe
- Pork Chilaquiles Recipe
- Turkey Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 15 ounces canned corn drained
- 14 ounces canned fire-roasted tomatoes drained
- 15 ounces canned black beans drained
- 1/2 cup salsa divided
- 15 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for garnish
- Green onion thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned and no longer pink. Do not drain.
- Add taco seasoning to beef and stir until combined.
- Add corn, tomatoes, black beans, and 1/4 cup salsa to the ground beef and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons salsa in the bottom of a 9-inch x 13-inch pan and spread to cover the bottom. Layer with 5 tortillas (4 whole and one cut in half to fill in the gap.)
- Add 1/2 of the beef mixture over the tortillas and then sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers - tortillas, remaining beef mixture, and 1 cup cheese.
- Top lasagna with 5 tortillas just like the previous layers. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons salsa over the tortillas. Sprinkle on remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lasagna is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6-8 slices, plate lasagna, and top with sour cream and green onion for garnish if desired.
Food nerd. Cocktail enthusiast. Carboholic. Bacon addict. Basset nuzzler. Boy mom. Come eat something delicious with me on my website, Bread Booze Bacon!