This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Lemon Chicken Pasta Salad is perfect potluck dish to bring to picnics and barbecues, or just as a fresh and light lunch any day of the week.
I love pasta salads, I love chicken salads and I love lemon, so why not marry those ideas together in one creamy pasta salad!?
I’m kind of obsessed with Greek Yogurt so of course that’s the base for the dressing. There is also fresh lemon, shredded or chunks of chicken, celery, toasted almonds, green onions and parsley. It’s so easy to whip up, and you could easily add/omit things as you like. At first taste I felt like there wasn’t enough lemon, then I added more and was a little heavy-handed. You can play around with the flavors to come up with a profile that suits your fancy.
I made this salad for myself and enjoyed it for lunch several times, but you could also double the recipe and take it to a potluck or barbecue. The toasted almonds and celery give the salad a nice crunch, while the lemon and parsley really brighten it up. It’s the best thing I’ve eaten in a long time!
Lemon Chicken Pasta Salad
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups cooked small pasta (like rotini or bowtie)
- 1 lemon
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toast almonds on a cookie sheet with sides in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine ingredients (except lemon) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Zest about half of the lemon into the bowl. Slice the lemon in half and squeeze juice from one half into the salad and stir to combine. Taste, and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately or reserve in the refrigerator for up to two days and serve chilled.
Try more of our delicious salads and healthy recipes, like these: